Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Incredibles 2

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
zico
Lemon Quarter

Incredibles 2

Postby zico » July 19th, 2018, 6:00 pm

6/10. Kids' cartoon film with some limited stuff for grown-ups, and some really detailed cityscape animations.

This has been hailed as some kind of great feminist film, but it's not really. Incredibles are a superhero family set in 50's Americana, and there are a few familiar Marvel-type themes, such as superheroes being made illegal and superheroes coping with everyday life.
A few smart lines and clever situations, but mostly it's about superheroes doing their thing.

There's a bit of role-reversal with Mrs. Incredible being the main superhero with Mr. Incredible struggling to cope with being a house-husband.
A trend in recent films has been to have the villain be a bit more nuanced than simply wanting power and world domination - in this film, the villain has a viewpoint which makes you think "Hmm, they've got a point there".

Overall, if you've got kids, you'll probably enjoy this more than other cartoons, but not really worth bothering with for adults.

iain123

Re: Incredibles 2

Postby iain123 » July 31st, 2018, 10:39 am

Agree. First one was great for Adults. This one is a bit 'meh' and not worth viewing.

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Re: Incredibles 2

Postby CryptoPlankton » July 31st, 2018, 12:08 pm

I don't wish to be the Underminer of others' views but, for balance, I actually thought it was a very entertaining way to while away a couple of hours. I wouldn't try to analyse it too deeply as it is, after all, essentially a kiddies' movie and basically just a Super romp (an apt word as, for me, the baby stole the show with some very funny scenes).

So don't be put off by a couple of miserable old grown-ups! It isn't an absolute classic by any stretch ( :) ), but I'd say it is above Parr for the genre and worth its current ratings on Rotten Tomatoes (93%) and IMDb (8.1/10).

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”