Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Two I'm looking forward to...

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Two I'm looking forward to...

Postby Itsallaguess » July 25th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Two films I'm looking forward to catching -

Mandy - Nic Cage on acid - it's how I'll always want to remember him - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI054ow6KJk

Bad Times at the El Royale - Looks more like a great Coen brothers film than the last four Coen brothers films did - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQmOaJciI7Q

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Two I'm looking forward to...

Postby Howyoudoin » July 25th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Oh my goodness. That Nic Cage film looks like something else!

I only watched his version of The Wicker Man last month when it was on the telly. As a horror film fan, i'd heard that it was dreadful, so purposely kept away.

I wasn't ready for quite HOW dreadful it was though. Just WOW dreadful. I'd love to have a pint with the guy just to see if he has any 'crazy' in him or whether it's just 'brilliant' acting. Anyway . . .

The best trailer that I saw come out of Comic Con was for 'Shazam'. There are so many superhero films now that I actually gave up on them a couple of years ago.

But this one actually looks like it's coming from a fresh perspective . . . i.e it's taking the mickey out of the superhero genre but doesn't resort to crude swearing like Deadpool. Looks like one you could take the kids to, whilst still enjoying it as an adult?

No idea if it will be any good but the trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY

HYD

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 25th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
Oh my goodness. That Nic Cage film looks like something else!

I only watched his version of The Wicker Man last month when it was on the telly. As a horror film fan, i'd heard that it was dreadful, so purposely kept away.

I wasn't ready for quite HOW dreadful it was though. Just WOW dreadful. I'd love to have a pint with the guy just to see if he has any 'crazy' in him or whether it's just 'brilliant' acting.

Agreed - he's an odd cat is the old Nic Cage....

Seems to take the 'one for me, one for the pension' routine to the extreme, but having seen him in Joe, Leaving Las Vegas, Face Off, and Kick-Ass, I know there's real talent and humanity in there, so I do try to remember that. Wicker Man though - that was definitely for the pension, right?

Howyoudoin wrote:
The best trailer that I saw come out of Comic Con was for 'Shazam'. There are so many superhero films now that I actually gave up on them a couple of years ago.

But this one actually looks like it's coming from a fresh perspective . . . i.e it's taking the mickey out of the superhero genre but doesn't resort to crude swearing like Deadpool. Looks like one you could take the kids to, whilst still enjoying it as an adult?

No idea if it will be any good but the trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY

Thanks for that HYD - it does look good, and we'll try to keep an eye out for it - a Spring 2019 release date, mind, so a bit off yet.

I miss your film-based input from the Motley Fool days HYD, which was always interesting and insightful, so I hope you can keep involved with this particular board now you've landed here.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » July 25th, 2018, 9:21 pm

"I miss your film-based input from the Motley Fool days HYD, which was always interesting and insightful, so I hope you can keep involved with this particular board now you've landed here. "

Thanks for your kind words. You can take it that the compliment is reciprocated.

Best,

HYD

Moderator Message:
RS: off topic and remarks about moderation removed. Such comments should be aired only on the Biscuit bar

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”