Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

KSi v Logan Paul

Reviews, favourites and suggestions

Did you watch the KSI v Logan Paul fight

Yes
No votes
No, but I'm at least vaguely interested in the result
5%
No, I'm not interested at all
32%
Who are KSI and Logan Paul?
64%

Total votes: 22

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

KSi v Logan Paul

Postby SteMiS » August 25th, 2018, 11:06 pm

The fight took place tonight, screened on Youtube

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Re: KSi v Logan Paul

Postby nmdhqbc » August 26th, 2018, 7:47 am

"No not interested at all" voters. Clearly there was enough interest to click on this.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » August 26th, 2018, 8:10 am

nmdhqbc wrote:
"No not interested at all" voters.

Clearly there was enough interest to click on this.

I don't think that invalidates their response though.

The poll question was 'Did you watch the KSI v Logan Paul fight?', so surely someone voting 'No, not interested at all' doesn't invalidate the selection of that option in the poll?

Not being at all interested in the fight doesn't necessarily mean they are not at all interested in telling people about that fact, does it?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » August 26th, 2018, 8:31 am

It was featured on the main BBC news prior to the "event".

That in itself would (did) change my response from "who are they?" to "why on earth would anyone want to watch that?" or its nearest equivalent.

Showing my age, of course.

Scott.

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » August 27th, 2018, 10:02 am

Well, I'm guessing there won't be many more votes.

Interesting if not unexpected poll - 95 views (although maybe not all from unique users) and 16 votes. Maybe not the best place to discuss the fight and it's background but anyway...

So nobody in the poll watched the 'fight' and 69% haven't even heard of the participants. I must admit I have two teenage sons otherwise I would almost certainly have been in that camp. Just for background, KSI is a British video blogger on Youtube (Vlogger) with over 19 million followers. He's made multi millions by posting videos of himself on Youtube playing video games and associated spin offs. Logan Paul is an American equivalent, who started through Vine (another online video hosting service) before it was bought by Twitter. He has 18 million followers on Youtube. The fight was watched by an estimated 2 million (800,000 of who paid $10).

I don't really expect much of a discussion but I think it illustrates the way media and entertainment is changing, almost unnoticed by the mainstream.

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » August 27th, 2018, 2:38 pm

My kids spend more time watching other people play video games than they do playing the games themselves. When I question why on earth they would want to do that, they refer me to the amount of time people spend watching physical sports rather than playing them.

They think Logan and his brother are first order dicks and have no interest in them. KSI I don't know of.

Why anyone would pay money to see two amateurs do something they're no good at, I don't know, but I guess celebrity breeds.

DM

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » August 27th, 2018, 5:09 pm

dionaeamuscipula wrote:My kids spend more time watching other people play video games than they do playing the games themselves. When I question why on earth they would want to do that, they refer me to the amount of time people spend watching physical sports rather than playing them.

They think Logan and his brother are first order dicks and have no interest in them. KSI I don't know of.

Why anyone would pay money to see two amateurs do something they're no good at, I don't know, but I guess celebrity breeds.

DM

I watched the fight (despite being a big boxing fan years ago) and it wasn't that bad really, although I don't really know either of the combatants. My sons also think the Pauls are dicks but I guess that's why they watched the fight; in the hope that KSI would wipe the smile from his face* (and probably vice versa). Think David Cameron v Nigel Farage. Who wouldn't pay to see that fight...lol.

[* Even my sons understand that a lot of the enmity and bad mouthing was just hype for commercial gain]

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”