Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Inspector Montalbano

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Inspector Montalbano

Postby Howyoudoin » September 5th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Has anyone other than me seen this brilliant series?

I was introduced by my Russian girlfriend. I'd never heard of it before that, despite the fact that it is on BBC on occasion, with subtitles.

For those who have no idea what i'm talking about, Inspector Montalbano is a Sicilian Detective who investigates murders and tries to keep his incompetent police staff in check.

I don't watch much tv at the moment but I make a point to watch this when it is on.

This is not a brilliant example but it does give you a little taster of the fact that Inspector Montalbano has patience . . . but not THAT much patience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWvcCwkTSfs

HYD

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Inspector Montalbano

Postby staffordian » September 5th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Yes, my wife enjoys these, and I have also succumbed to the charm of the quite (at times) light hearted and leisurely paced programmes.

There was a prequel too, which is similarly captivating; Young Montalbano.

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » September 6th, 2018, 5:27 am

I believe I have watched every episode. Thoroughly enjoyable series, he seems to get on with the ladies vety well! The prequal series was also very good.

Great characters, though the incompetent plod who gets names wrong, forgets to pass on messages and constantly walks into the door got tedious.

Raptor.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » September 6th, 2018, 10:36 pm

We've watched these on and off over the years. There's also the "Young Montalbano" series worth watching and which, frustratingly, doesn't address the central question of how he lost his hair. I can only assume that was a sudden onset of alopecia brought on by the hapless Cateralla, who is not unlike my own boss. An idiot. But I still have my hair!

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”