Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Killing Eve - SPOILER THREAD. OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Killing Eve - SPOILER THREAD. OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Postby redsturgeon » October 16th, 2018, 8:09 am

How about this new thread for spoiler chat?

John

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Re: Killing Eve - SPOILER THREAD. OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Postby nimnarb » October 16th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Great idea. Zico just reminded me to enjoy the ride for what its worth, regardless how implausible. I feel that this Oh actress is miscast, or was that the intention as a bumbling, obviously inexperienced untrained agent? I will probably have to watch the end again as it all got slightly out of hand for me over the last few episodes. The series is called "Killing Eve" and yet she ends up stabbing "whatshername" and said person does a runner for the next series. Lots of stuff went over my head but as mentioned by Zico, just go with the flow, but with this Comer actress(whom I predict to win many awards) and the psychotic assassin theme, why do I think this series could have been a real page turner..........

Some really funny moments particular with the "cutting his knob off" part and then showing grilled sausages for breakfast. Perhaps I am totally lacking in some of the darker humour but thought it all started out really great and towards the last 3 episodes felt they lost the plot and then again what plot..this could go on for years and if you have to think about something well after it ended just keeps one interested,

nmdhqbc
Lemon Slice

Postby nmdhqbc » October 16th, 2018, 4:04 pm

I managed to reply without seeing anything. Could you clarify if this spoils for the whole of season 1 or just what BBC1 has shown so far? I believe it's all available online.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » October 16th, 2018, 4:06 pm

In one episode, Villanelle managed to enter Eve's house as well as a safe house with a guard. But we're not told how she got in to either building or, once in the safe house, was able to overpower the guard.

Watis

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 16th, 2018, 4:41 pm

nimnarb wrote:I feel that this Oh actress is miscast, or was that the intention as a bumbling, obviously inexperienced untrained agent?

I think she might have been in it so there's some familiarity for the US market (yes I know she's Canadian).

Although it was made in Britain, it was by BBC America and aired over there last April.

Scott.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 16th, 2018, 4:43 pm

nmdhqbc wrote:I managed to reply without seeing anything. Could you clarify if this spoils for the whole of season 1 or just what BBC1 has shown so far? I believe it's all available online.

The whole of it, FYI.

Scott.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » October 16th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Watis wrote:In one episode, Villanelle managed to enter Eve's house as well as a safe house with a guard. But we're not told how she got in to either building or, once in the safe house, was able to overpower the guard.

Watis

She is a highly trained and skilful assassin!

John

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » October 16th, 2018, 8:16 pm

the ending, the ending..who liked the ending, etc..........................?

zico
Lemon Quarter

Postby zico » October 21st, 2018, 5:47 pm

I thought the first couple of episodes were fairly straightforward maverick v maverick, though with a few clever twists. It then changed after Eve and Villanelle started getting close to each other and became just about the relationship between the two. I think each of them realises that the other is the perfect adversary for them, and although they each know the other is a danger to them, they just enjoy the cut and thrust of trying to keep ahead of the other, and can't bear to kill the other and bring it all to an end (which I think explains the ending).

They are also infatuated with each other and want to help each other.
Eve wants to help heal Villanelle's mental scars, cure her of being a psychopath and help her to become a normal happy person.
Meanwhile Villanelle wants to help Eve become more stylish.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next series is about Eve's boss trying to recruit Villanelle to kill for Britain instead, offering the lure of gold-plated pensions and the possibility of being in the New Year's honours list.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”