Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The Apprentice

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Dod101
The full Lemon

The Apprentice

Postby Dod101 » October 25th, 2018, 1:17 pm

By accident I turned on my TV last evening and The Apprentice was just starting. Is there another programme on TV which has passed its sell by date as much as this one? It is entirely predictable, Sugar has been given a few even cornier comments to make and the candidates seem even more incompetent than they used to be. I guess if they had shown a programme from 2/3 years ago I would not have been able to tell the difference. Who watches this sort of thing?

Dod

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Apprentice

Postby kiloran » October 25th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Dod101 wrote:Who watches this sort of thing?
Dod

I do!

But in the full knowledge that it has little to do with reality, is somewhat scripted and very carefully edited to make a mildly amusing diversion. And the Rhod Gilbert follow-on show is somewhat amusing at times.

For sure, don't treat the programme seriously

--kiloran

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » October 25th, 2018, 4:10 pm

I watch it with horror as each series the cast get uglier and uglier with the ugliest of the lot, his royal highness...Lordy Sugarpops.. :evil:

Why do we watch such utter scripted and finely rehearsed crap? Because each week will have one less ugly and utterly stupid mug to look at..well that's my excuse.

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » November 6th, 2018, 3:08 pm

You could always claim LS is bullying. Social media thrives on viral. Even if not the powers-to-be would quickly drop the show for fear of upsetting the snowflakes.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » November 11th, 2018, 5:12 pm

just seen the last two episodes............spoilers..................

Not sure if I have seen anything more stupid from supposed "Business Partners" of his Lordship. I mean with the shoes.....think I got this right as going from memory, calling a high heel shoe "Fleekers" and then branding a plane "Jet Pop" with an explosion icon for a logo and the other team dressing the hostess up for a budget business airline looking like something from Air India or the Emirates. Oh and playing the soundtrack in the background from AC/DC highway to hell...................Are you serious? :lol: Anyone else watching this from another Country must think we are total morons.

This is now turning into a comedy where the best lines are given to his Lordship as in when looking at a shoe, he says..."that's a load of Cobblers"

Mind you, who is more stupid, as I am watching this stuff!

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » November 17th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Perhaps Alan Sugar would like to be our chief Brexit negotiator.
M Michel Barnier (for it it he): "I would like now to turn your attention to paragraph 330p of subsection M2 part one - secession of Northern Ireland"
Lord Sugar: "B***ocks"

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”