Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Bros, After the Screaming Stops

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Bros, After the Screaming Stops

Postby nimnarb » December 30th, 2018, 2:35 am

Just watched on BBC iPlayer probably the best thing I have seen all Christmas considering that I never watched Bros or remember any of their songs from the 80's or whenever. This is a film charting Matt and Luke Goss's reunion 28 years from when they were one of the biggest bands in the world, which again, I just don't recall at all, but judging by how talented they were and still are, this film was simply mind blowing and quite riveting not to mention extremely revealing. Would give it 9/10.

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bros, After the Screaming Stops

Postby staffordian » December 30th, 2018, 1:01 pm

nimnarb wrote:Just watched on BBC iPlayer probably the best thing I have seen all Christmas considering that I never watched Bros or remember any of their songs from the 80's or whenever. This is a film charting Matt and Luke Goss's reunion 28 years from when they were one of the biggest bands in the world, which again, I just don't recall at all, but judging by how talented they were and still are, this film was simply mind blowing and quite riveting not to mention extremely revealing. Would give it 9/10.

Same here.

Bros passed me by totally in the eighties, probably because I was not a teenage girl :)

I only caught up with the programme last night after reading good reviews in the press and online. Personally, I think ninety odd minutes was a touch too long, but nonetheless I thoroughly enjoyed it on several levels.

One review suggested that anyone who enjoyed The Office and This is Spinal Tap would find it entertaining, and I did feel, especially in the early part of the programme that pretention was turned up to eleven, but the genuine tensions and ultimately the respect they found for each other was fascinating.

A 9/10 from me too.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » December 30th, 2018, 1:04 pm

nimnarb wrote:Just watched on BBC iPlayer probably the best thing I have seen all Christmas considering that I never watched Bros or remember any of their songs from the 80's or whenever. This is a film charting Matt and Luke Goss's reunion 28 years from when they were one of the biggest bands in the world, which again, I just don't recall at all, but judging by how talented they were and still are, this film was simply mind blowing and quite riveting not to mention extremely revealing. Would give it 9/10.

Thanks for the heads up Branmin.

I most definitely do remember Bros and even liked some of their stuff so this should be a good watch.

Cheers,

HYD

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 30th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Strangely the same here. I (obviously!) had nothing to do with Bros at the time - didn't even realise they were a band, thought they were just two boy singers - but for whatever reason watched it and enjoyed it.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”