Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The night comes for us

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

The night comes for us

Postby nimnarb » December 31st, 2018, 9:25 pm

OMG! So, never had Netflix before and was offered a free month, so I thought why not and overwhelmed with the selection but noticed this film was on some of the lists of the best films to see for 2018. The trouble was that I didn't read in detail any of the reviews of what this was all about apart from "look out for the butcher shop scene"......Triad martial arts film, sort of. Think its Indonesian with subtitles. Only half way through and suppose I might finish it.

Warning.....there is action galore but its basically a glorified blood bath. So for those on Netflix, have you seen this and.............................?

p.s. Appreciate those that are Netflix members tips for some good shows/films/drama.... not into American type "friends" or historical stuff more UK if poss..Peaky Blinder, etc..mind you Sneaky Pete was good.

robbelg
Lemon Slice

Re: The night comes for us

Postby robbelg » January 1st, 2019, 1:46 pm

Black Mirror, The Good Place

Rob

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Re: The night comes for us

Postby SalvorHardin » January 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm

Quite a few shows are mentioned in this TLF thread

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11960

Of the more recent additions I'd recommend "Bad Blood", a 6 part Canadian gangster drama set in Montreal based on true events. Renewed for a second series. Trailer below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=94J4qbWFZgc

"Bordertown", a Finnish crime drama. A hotshot murder squad detective moves from Helsinki to Lappeenranta, a town on the Russian border. The cases generally take 2 or 3 episodes to be resolved and there's quite a bit of Russian involvement in cross-border crime (a very effective FSB officer plays a major role in the series). Bordertown isn't dark as the rest of the Nordic Noir genre that I've seen; the leading character is positively cheerful at times! Trailer below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjOFzeVynVY

"Orbiter 9", a Spanish language science-fiction/romance film, is pretty good. A 20-year old woman has lived her entire life alone on a spaceship headed to Earth's colony world. Her ship has developed many problems so a hunky repairman is sent from a way station to her ship. The trailer is below, IMHO it gives away far too much of the plot after 40 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zktLwAfuqog

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”