Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Glastonbury highlights?

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
mrbrightside
2 Lemon pips

Re: Glastonbury highlights?

Postby mrbrightside » July 1st, 2019, 4:27 pm

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 1st, 2019, 5:51 pm

simoan wrote:
I've now looked through the whole line-up and can confirm iag's original assertion that it was not great, to say the least. However, there are a few things I missed (Hot Chip, Tame Impala, Cat Power, Chemical Bros) that I'll try to find on iPlayer to watch this week.

I've yet to watch the Tame Impala set myself, and I've heard good things about it so I will make sure to catch it too.

I think next year is the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury, and I get the feeling that they'll have had some big guns booked for that one for some time, which might explain a relatively poor showing this year generally....

At least the weather was good....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 1st, 2019, 11:22 pm

Wow! I'm not going to be able to sleep. I've just finished watching The Chemical Brothers set. Unbelievable! Easily the best thing I've seen so far and the only one where I wished I was there. Visually stunning and banging tunes. I cranked the subwoofer up. Electronic dance music works so well after dark at festivals. A worthy stand-in for The Prodigy. IMHO they should have been headlining the Pyramid stage.

All the best, Si

formoverfunction
Lemon Slice

Postby formoverfunction » July 2nd, 2019, 6:30 am

Abbey Smith, Yebba.

She was only on the BBC coverage for one song, but she's been getting rave reviews. People describing her performances as being like "a religous experience".

She's appears to be in demand as a backing singer, support partner.

Todate, just one single of her own, as far as I can tell, and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwE1G7_U9M

Billie Eilish I also thought was brilliant.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”