Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

The Matrix - part 4

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

The Matrix - part 4

Postby vrdiver » August 21st, 2019, 8:35 am

Looks like fans of The Matrix can look forward to a fourth film: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49416629

One of my all-time favourite sci-fi film series..... here's hoping it's a good one.

VRD

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: The Matrix - part 4

Postby redsturgeon » August 21st, 2019, 9:31 am

The first film was absolutely brilliant, mould breaking, game changing and mind boggling. The second and third...entertaining enough but not a patch on the original. IMHO

John

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » August 21st, 2019, 8:37 pm

redsturgeon wrote:The first film was absolutely brilliant, mould breaking, game changing and mind boggling. The second and third...entertaining enough but not a patch on the original. IMHO

Snorvey wrote:Agree. The first one was sooooo good. The very notion that we are all battery chicken type slaves living in a dreamworld was epic.

2 & 3? Meh.

You are both heathens of the first order.

However, Snorvey, you win by a country mile... I'll accept "not a patch on the first", but "Meh". "Meh"! How could you say such a thing?

You are the Frenchman and I claim my £5.

VRD

todthedog
Lemon Slice

Postby todthedog » August 22nd, 2019, 11:51 am

Absolutely loved the first film.

Matrix moments occur when driving, seeing the same people walking their dog in the same place at different times of the day.
I wonder !

Thought films 2 & 3 were not quite of the same high standard (complete rubbish).

Bah humbug is always a favourite for a curmudgeon such as me.

Have you ever tried talking complete gibberish to someone who decides a portable phone is of more interest than conversation.

It can be very amusing.

JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » August 22nd, 2019, 1:26 pm

Wait, there’s three Matrix films?

Film one was really rather good, although the whole human battery thing had me wincing. Breaking basic thermodynamics for no compelling plot reason really jarred my suspension of disbelief.

Carrie Ann Moss was thrilling.

Keanu Reeves proved that if you want to cast a new sci-fi Jesus you may have to settle for a confused carpenter, or at times, the carpenter’s raw material.

In fairness, he wore those sunglasses well and took the red pill convincingly. After hanging out in Hollywood for a while one suspects acting such things shouldnt really present a huge professional challenge.But he is apparently a damn fine chap offscreen and gives generously to charity so I feel we should give him a magnanimous pass grade.

The world is better for having Keanu in, even if his films aren’t.

Forgot/blocked out much of the second and third films, probably a mercy. They were pretty mediocre. Not sure a fourth can transcend those cash-ins to fare much better, but one lives in hope. Good luck all to those involved. It remains far harder to create than criticise!

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”