Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The West Wing

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Re: The West Wing

Postby SalvorHardin » December 31st, 2020, 4:44 pm

HBO recently showed a new episode, or rather a special. It's called "When we all vote". It was made in October 2020 which is 14 years after the series finished, (that makes me feel old!).

It's a reworking on stage of the series 3 episode "Hartsfield Landing"

http://www.techradar.com/amp/news/how-to-watch-the-west-wing-reunion-special-online-on-hbo-max-and-from-anywhere

Most of the original main cast are in it (including Rob Lowe), plus some of the supporting players.

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » December 31st, 2020, 5:49 pm

I found Designated Survivor laughable, and it wasn't just Keifer's strangled delivery, though that didn't help.

The WW walk-and-talk shots were copied a lot I recall at the time, often in satirical shows.

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Postby SalvorHardin » January 1st, 2021, 1:47 am

Finished the HBO Special. Very good. Impressed that they managed to shoehorn Ainsley Hayes into the episode.

I'm waiting for the revival with her and Sam Seaborn in The White House as the Presidential couple!

Also surprised by how many of the supporting cast were there.

Now part way through "The Supremes". As brilliant as I remember it from 7 years ago (the last time I saw it).

"Oh my god, you're going to put my mother's cats on the Supreme Court".

Superb writing (the only show I rate above The West Wing for dialogue is "Justified").

On seeing the credits for The Supremes I realised that I had forgotten how many writers and producers from "China Beach" turned up when John Wells replaced Aaron Sorkin (China Beach is one of the few shows I rate above The West Wing).

Next up. Another from series 5. "The Warfare of Genghis Khan".

Goodnight :D

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » January 1st, 2021, 4:26 pm

SalvorHardin, thank you for the link to the stage episode of 'Hartsfield Landing'. We watched the original and then the stage version, it was great to compare the two and very interesting to see old friends. I wonder if they actually succeeded in encouraging more people to vote or, like so often happens, apathy rules.

R6

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”