Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Mare of Easttown

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Mare of Easttown

Postby Gerry557 » June 1st, 2021, 9:56 am

This weekends viewing started off with "Your Honor." I thought this looked quite interesting but having the elderly outlaws in our bubble she struggled to watch, constantly looking away from the screen at the tense bits. I thinks she's a hide behind the cushion type for Do Who.

Anyway we then tried Mare of Easttown. I didnt think that this would be my sort of thing. A drama type but it gets some good rating scores.

After the first episode, I was thinking is was a difficult watch but then it started to kick off. Now I'm hooked and cant wait for some more of something, "I wouldn't like"

A description :-

"Mare Of Easttown is set to have viewers gripped as she plays a troubled detective trying to solve a crime while also dealing with personal issues. The seven-part limited series follows Mare Sheehan (played by Kate Winslet), a small-town Pennsylvania detective who investigates a local murder as life crumbles around her.

The show, which is from creator Brad Ingelsby (The Way Back) and directed by Craig Zobel (The Leftovers), is described as ‘an exploration into the dark side of a close community and an authentic examination of how family and past tragedies can define our present."

The trailer is below but I dont think it does it justice although I dont want it to give the twisty plot away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miQqyfO66uw

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Mare of Easttown

Postby pje16 » June 1st, 2021, 10:32 am

I am enjoying this, I'm not a Kate fan as such, but she is very good in it

zico
Lemon Quarter

Postby zico » June 1st, 2021, 11:56 am

I thought this was really good. A kind of US version "Happy Valley", quite downbeat, but really holds your interest, the characters are well-drawn with some bits of amusing banter between the characters.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » June 9th, 2021, 6:55 am

zico wrote:I thought this was really good. A kind of US version "Happy Valley", quite downbeat, but really holds your interest, the characters are well-drawn with some bits of amusing banter between the characters.

Downbeat describes my "difficult to watch"

Maybe I just like cheery lives and happy endings. Watched the whole series now and it was well worth it considering its not my thing. It definitely hooks you in and twists the interconnected lives of the small community.

It also throws in some twisty storylines and cliffhanger moments, I can just imagine how the gogglebox crew would react.

Now we have to try and finish Your Honor without the scaredy outlaws

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”