Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Festive Fakery

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Festive Fakery

Postby Dicky99 » December 18th, 2023, 12:40 pm

I'm sat enjoying a postprandial episode of Bargain Hunt. It's the Christmas episode and so they are all dressed up like absolute lemons in their Santa hats and Christmas jumpers. Meanwhile they're attracting bemused looks from those around, the sun is shining and the trees in the background are in full greenery.

This isn't the first such example I've seen of festive fibbers. Others include The Repair Shop, Antiques Road Trip and Sarah Beenies New Life in the Country.

Keep your eyes peeled. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other examples of seasonal sneekiness over the holiday period.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Festive Fakery

Postby Arborbridge » December 18th, 2023, 12:44 pm

Dicky99 wrote:I'm sat enjoying a postprandial episode of Bargain Hunt. It's the Christmas episode and so they are all dressed up like absolute lemons in their Santa hats and Christmas jumpers. Meanwhile they're attracting bemused looks from those around, the sun is shining and the trees in the background are in full greenery.

This isn't the first such example I've seen of festive fibbers. Others include The Repair Shop, Antiques Road Trip and Sarah Beenies New Life in the Country.

Keep your eyes peeled. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other examples of seasonal sneekiness over the holiday period.

Well, this is an old one - my wife is always pointing out anacronisms in a multitude of programs based on the plants growing in the background. It's fairly commonplace, I gather - but good fun to watch out for.

Arb.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » December 18th, 2023, 12:47 pm

I saw that last week - though it was recorded for last year's Christmas - Mary Berry and chums Monica Galetti and Angela Hartnett. Bright sunshine, short shadows and trees in full leaf.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Postby Dicky99 » December 18th, 2023, 1:03 pm

kempiejon wrote:I saw that last week - though it was recorded for last year's Christmas - Mary Berry and chums Monica Galetti and Angela Hartnett. Bright sunshine, short shadows and trees in full leaf.

From the ones I've seen I'd judge The Repair Shop to be winners of the Pants on Fire Award for having an icing sugar dusting of snow on the barn roof whilst surrounded by trees full of greenery.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » December 18th, 2023, 1:52 pm

Dicky99 wrote:Keep your eyes peeled. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other examples of seasonal sneekiness over the holiday period.

Jools Holland's Annual Hootenanny was recorded last week. Eventually we'll end up watching someone dead seeing the New Year in 'Live' on telly.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”