Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Total Recall 2070

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Total Recall 2070

Postby SalvorHardin » January 20th, 2024, 10:22 am

I have just found out that the entire series of "Total Recall 2070" is on YouTube (and it's free).

Total Recall 2070 is a Canadian-German cyberpunk / film noir series made in 1999, set in a future which is heavily influenced by "Blade Runner" (with memory implant technology from "Total Recall"). The show centres on the Citizens Protection Bureau, the city's police force in a future dominated by six huge corporations. Most episodes involve hunting down rogue androids and the "criminal of the week", with the ongoing theme of corporations seemingly being above the law.

The series has only briefly been on streaming services in America. I believe that Sky showed it in 1999. Here's the link to the YouTube page which has all 22 episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9V9IgWiwk&list=PL4L2HZu9rrZXptUbeyUGQ911HDq23EeLE

The first two episodes have long been available on DVD as "Machine Dreams". The entire series was released on region 1 DVD in 2011, my first copy cost about £21, a friend who borrowed it lost it in 2016 (it had been lent to a lot of people in the meantime) and my replacement cost him £93 (plus postage from Canada). Copies generally sell nowdays on eBay for at least £90.

As you might guess from a 25 year old TV series, there are a lot of spoilers in the Wikipedia page. The show wasn't renewed for a second series so it ended with several cliffhangers and unresolved plotlines.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Recall_2070

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”