Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Trump: To Michelle Obama's Claim: The "End Of Hope"

including Budgets
bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Trump: To Michelle Obama's Claim: The "End Of Hope"

Postby bulltraderpt » December 18th, 2016, 8:33 am

Trump Responds To Michelle Obama's Claim That He Is The "End Of Hope" For America

"Michelle Obama appeared on Oprah yesterday and continued to ignore the unspoken, but widely acknowledged and obeyed, tradition of not bashing incoming administrations. When asked whether Obama was successful at bringing "hope" to America, rather answer the question, the first lady decided to attack Trump by saying that "now we're feeling what not having hope feels like."

Is this Michelle's idea of "going high" when other "go low?" Notice she didn't bother to offer any supporting evidence of how exactly Obama brought "hope" to Americans....could that be because there isn't any?

Perhaps these 9 charts we posted back in September accurately depict the "hope" that Michelle spoke of (see "Harvard Crushes The "Obama Recovery" Farce With 9 Simple Charts")"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-1 ... pe-america

If you do click on the article and review the charts it's safe to say something is very wrong with the World's biggest Superpower.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Re: Trump: To Michelle Obama's Claim: The "End Of Hope"

Postby GoSeigen » December 18th, 2016, 11:29 am

bulltraderpt wrote:
If you do click on the article and review the charts it's safe to say something is very wrong with the World's biggest Superpower.

If you do click on the article and review the charts it's safe to say the author looked at a bunch of charts, ignored all the ones that didn't look like a vaguely downward trend over some random timeframe, and then posted the remainder with great big downward arrows on them.

Where is the author's last post analysing exactly the same set of charts please? Let's have a bit of critical thought hereabouts!

GS

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » December 18th, 2016, 12:42 pm

GoSeigen wrote:
bulltraderpt wrote:

If you do click on the article and review the charts it's safe to say the author looked at a bunch of charts, ignored all the ones that didn't look like a vaguely downward trend over some random timeframe, and then posted the remainder with great big downward arrows on them.

Where is the author's last post analysing exactly the same set of charts please? Let's have a bit of critical thought hereabouts!

GS

Talk about playing the man not the ball. Why do I even bother, look, perhaps you can post nine plus charts which contradict what the author has posted.

A rebuttal would show critical thinking and engagement with the subject matter on your part which is sadly lacking.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » December 18th, 2016, 1:08 pm

bulltraderpt wrote:
GoSeigen wrote:
bulltraderpt wrote:

GS

Talk about playing the man not the ball. Why do I even bother, look, perhaps you can post nine plus charts which contradict what the author has posted.

A rebuttal would show critical thinking and engagement with the subject matter on your part which is sadly lacking.

Firstly, apologies, but how was I to know you were the author of that post on ZeroHedge. Or else why do you take it personally?

Second, I wasn't playing the man at all. I didn't say the author was stupid, biased, or anything else pejorative or otherwise. I criticise his argument (and your conclusion that "it's safe to say something is very wrong with the World's biggest Superpower") as fallacy, being based on a selected subset of available data.

Third, I've no need to post charts as a rebuttal: I've made my point perfectly clearly. However, as a single example, why didn't he post the S&P500 chart over the period of Obama's presidency? Wouldn't look quite so good then would it?

GS

RowdyReptile
Lemon Slice

Postby RowdyReptile » December 18th, 2016, 7:21 pm

As an American I have a couple of responses.

First, too the Orange faced dolt we elected...Get off twitter you moron. You are going to be the President of the United States of America, but you are acting like some fool that still lives in his mother's basement.

Second, to the outgoing Flotus...Thanks for that, but our hopes and dreams do not rise and fall with the temporary occupants of the White House. Frankly, you and your husband are not that important.

I would like to thank both for sharing though.

:evil:

This exchange probably shows why the US government is dysfunctional. They seem to think it is all about them, and not the people they pretend to lead. What narcissists.

RR

Return to “The Economy”