Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

QE all over again

including Budgets
servodude
Lemon Half

Re: QE all over again

Postby servodude » April 27th, 2023, 12:11 am

Charlottesquare wrote:
88V8 wrote:I did look into moving over to the private GP... it's tempting... but it's not only the appointment fee - £125 rather than your bargain £80, and that's only for health trivia not major stuff - or alternatively the £165 monthly fee, it's the charges for everything from blood tests to scans to prescriptions depending on the plan, charges often hidden in the reassuring verbiage.

Most people have not a clue what a bargain the NHS is. Me, I think some things should be chargeable, anything related to 'lifestyle' eg fatties, smoking drinking drugs.
Easy to say when none of that would apply to me....

Anyway, won't happen, so the taxpayer will just have to keep stumping up to fill the bottomless pit.

V8

You could always extend it and make people with stupid children pay more for their education.

There's a cohort in England coming through with meaningless degress and serious debt... so perhaps that's already covered?

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 27th, 2023, 10:04 am

servodude wrote:There's a cohort in England coming through with meaningless degress and serious debt... so perhaps that's already covered?

"degress" should be degrees, presumably.

TJH

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » April 27th, 2023, 10:56 am

tjh290633 wrote:
servodude wrote:There's a cohort in England coming through with meaningless degress and serious debt... so perhaps that's already covered?

"degress" should be degrees, presumably.

TJH

Is there a word in English for an accidentally apt typo?

But yes.. I banged the wrong one twice (as Boris Johnson might have said in a moment of lucidity)

Return to “The Economy”