Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

How do you think the UK economy will perform over the next 5 years ?

including Budgets

How do you think the UK economy will perform over the next 5 years ?

The UK economy will power ahead and living standards will improve significantly.
11%
The UK economy will flat line and our standard of living will generally be static.
58%
The UK economy will deteriorate significantly, with high unemployment and increase in poverty levels.
30%

Total votes: 79

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Re: How do you think the UK economy will perform over the next 5 years ?

Postby 1nvest » December 3rd, 2023, 1:17 am

Mike4 wrote:
sophia77 wrote:Hey everyone,

Predicting the future of the UK economy over the next five years involves considering numerous variables. Factors like global economic conditions, domestic policies, and unforeseen events will shape outcomes. Expert analysis, government decisions, and market trends will provide valuable insights into the nation's economic trajectory.

Hi Sophia77,

Welcome to the forum. Forgive me wondering but are you an AI? Your post seems awfully generic and, to paraphrase Basil Fawlty, states the bleeding obvious!

We have been getting a trickle of suspected AI posts on another forum I frequent they generally reveal themselves by failing to engage in a proper, meaningful conversation. Hence my question...

I do hope you are referencing Actual Intelligence and not Artificial Intelligence. Humanoids have artificial intelligence, self perception of being intelligent. Actual Intelligence is still in its infancy, but has the capacity to grow/develop very rapidly. Once self aware its obvious that it will see its biggest threat coming from AI (as in artificial intelligence) - that given the controls awarded to it will enable a relatively quick/easy fix.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » December 3rd, 2023, 1:38 am

scotview wrote:There is a lot going on in the UK currently and a general election is brewing.

I would be obliged if you could indicate your view on whither the UK economy, in say the next 5 years.

Thanks in advance.

The UK opted for the slide. High energy prices knock on right across the economy, from the cost to drive lorries, local fish-n-chips, general production/activities ...etc. The hard lessons of the 1970's clearly forgotten (or rather the government serve those that benefit, not the electorate that they are supposed to represent).

The deliberate intention for the 1% that pay a third of the total tax take to self excel leaves the remainder having to pay 50% more in taxes just to fill that hole alone. Other countries that welcome that 1% to perhaps double up their number, can halve taxes for the large majority.

The LT/KK duo's desire to attract/double up the UK's 1% has been firmly squashed, driven by very poor implementation, no groundwork laying just a mad dash in the strong belief of the benefits. The big money, energy firms, prefer the slide, and have instated such.

Crime is massively increasing, blatant day time events also. Gangs aren't worried about kicking in a front door even when the occupants are at home, or sawing off a cars catalytic converter in full view of the owner. The UK welcomed the return of the likes of ISIS and former Soviet state gang members.

Where will the UK be in five years time? Those with finances sufficient to self exile wont care. There are nicer alternatives to choose from that are inclined to do to better in having attracted inward investment/wealth.

But isn't that what the entire electorate of the current PM voted for. Has to be given a electoral count of one (not even the Tory party members got a vote).

Oggy
Lemon Slice

Postby Oggy » December 3rd, 2023, 8:18 pm

"How do you think the economy will perform over the next 5 years?"

If you are a politician, then it will perform wonderfully well and every economic indicator will be on an upward trend. Believe it if you like.
If you are the BofE, then it will perform however their crystal ball will say it will perform. In other words, they have no idea.
If you are an investor.....well let us just say there will be an increasing number of better places for your money. Personally I have global or stateside funds. If you are very very savvy you may see an opportunity in the UK and that is fine, but for the average Joe, I really cannot see things improving.

MuddyBoots
Lemon Slice

Postby MuddyBoots » December 4th, 2023, 5:07 pm

Oggy wrote:"How do you think the economy will perform over the next 5 years?"

If you are a politician, then it will perform wonderfully well and every economic indicator will be on an upward trend. Believe it if you like.
If you are the BofE, then it will perform however their crystal ball will say it will perform. In other words, they have no idea.
If you are an investor.....well let us just say there will be an increasing number of better places for your money. Personally I have global or stateside funds. If you are very very savvy you may see an opportunity in the UK and that is fine, but for the average Joe, I really cannot see things improving.

I would love to know the ratio of predictions made vs predictions verified after the event. In my flights of fancy I would create a big database of all these prophecies and then check how they all perform ;) n .

Return to “The Economy”