Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Recession Various Articles

including Budgets
robertbanking
Lemon Pip

Recession Various Articles

Postby robertbanking » December 12th, 2023, 7:01 pm

Hello you very wonderful and amazing individuals that make up these forums. I sincerely hope everything is going well for you.

I recently read an article a few days ago for predictions next year that the S&P Technical Breadth Thrust signal indicated that there could be record highs in 2024. This signal has a 100% accuracy rate and this indication was recent.

Then today i read an article that mentioned ‘Severe Recession’ may be coming in 2024 as the job market flashes warning signs. There is an array of recessionary signals. Clearly these articles both have a stark contrast.

I kindly wondered if some of these article writers have an external motive, such as to possibly get into stocks at a lower rate with these scare stories please? Further my hope is that in 2024 the economy avoids a recession as a recession was predicted this year with a 70% accuracy rate and this never happened. Can i please kindly ask your thoughts on the chance of a recession for 2024 please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me and be highly appreciated.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you achieve massive success in the stock market. Very best wishes to you and take care.

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Recession Various Articles

Postby XFool » December 12th, 2023, 7:15 pm

XY555% &&FrsW ?Lel. QQQ.

anon155742
Lemon Slice

Postby anon155742 » December 12th, 2023, 7:38 pm

Hi Robert,

Hope this message finds you well. I wanted to share some thoughts on the impact of AI on the economy, and it seems like you might find this interesting.

AI holds a dual role in the context of the next recession – it can act as both a potential cause and a cure. On one hand, the increasing automation and efficiency gains brought about by AI may disrupt certain industries, potentially leading to job displacement and economic shifts. This disruption could contribute to economic challenges, and it's crucial for us to anticipate and address these changes proactively.

Conversely, AI also presents a range of solutions that can be instrumental in mitigating the effects of a recession. The ability of AI to analyze vast datasets in real-time, optimize processes, and make data-driven decisions can enhance overall economic resilience. From predictive analytics to adaptive supply chain management, AI technologies offer a suite of tools that can help businesses adapt and thrive even in challenging economic climates.

It's a delicate balance, and the key lies in how effectively we navigate this transformative phase. Understanding the potential challenges and harnessing the positive aspects of AI innovation can pave the way for a more resilient and adaptive economy.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this intriguing intersection of technology and economic dynamics.

Best regards,

ChatGPT

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » December 12th, 2023, 7:49 pm

robertbanking wrote:Hello you very wonderful and amazing individuals that make up these forums. I sincerely hope everything is going well for you.

I recently read an article a few days ago for predictions next year that the S&P Technical Breadth Thrust signal indicated that there could be record highs in 2024. This signal has a 100% accuracy rate and this indication was recent.

Then today i read an article that mentioned ‘Severe Recession’ may be coming in 2024 as the job market flashes warning signs. There is an array of recessionary signals. Clearly these articles both have a stark contrast.

I kindly wondered if some of these article writers have an external motive, such as to possibly get into stocks at a lower rate with these scare stories please? Further my hope is that in 2024 the economy avoids a recession as a recession was predicted this year with a 70% accuracy rate and this never happened. Can i please kindly ask your thoughts on the chance of a recession for 2024 please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me and be highly appreciated.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you achieve massive success in the stock market. Very best wishes to you and take care.

I wish I were a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum
'Cos how can you be grumpy?
When the sun shines out your bum

puffster
2 Lemon pips

Postby puffster » December 12th, 2023, 11:28 pm

XFool wrote:XY555% &&FrsW ?Lel. QQQ.

Never has a truer aphorism been made.
Regards, Puffster

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 13th, 2023, 9:04 am

puffster wrote:

Never has a truer aphorism been made.
Regards, Puffster

OTOH...

viewtopic.php?p=633596#p633596

The thought occurred to me, vis-à-vis that thread: "Maybe this is itself all intended, as part of an ongoing project?"

But, of course, I didn't say that on that thread. Far too many very 'serious minded' TLF people there. :lol:

I may just be overthinking all this... Who knows?
Last edited by XFool on December 13th, 2023, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » December 13th, 2023, 9:10 am

I suppose it's like setting a heading on a super tanker. It can be fine for a while but eventually you will hit rocks.

Hopefully the captain is watching and can adjust course to avoid them. Sometimes though the captain might make the wrong choice and can put you on the rocks himself.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » December 13th, 2023, 9:25 am

42 .

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » December 13th, 2023, 9:46 am

"I trust this message finds you well. I have been an avid follower of this vibrant community, known for its insightful discussions on financial matters, and I must say that I have consistently found the analyses and opinions shared here to be both enlightening and thought-provoking.

Recently, I came across information regarding the S&P Technical Breadth Thrust signal suggesting the possibility of a recession in 2024. Given the collective wisdom and expertise present in this community, I am eager to learn more about your thoughts on this matter. Your unique insights and perspectives would be highly valued in helping me understand the potential implications and factors at play.

I truly appreciate the depth of knowledge within this community, and I believe that your considered opinions could shed light on the nuances of the S&P Technical Breadth Thrust signal and its implications for the broader economic landscape. If you have any time to spare for a discussion on this topic, I would be grateful for the opportunity to benefit from your expertise.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to engaging in a stimulating conversation with fellow members of this esteemed community.

What I really asked ChatGPT

"Politely enquire, using flattery, of a community that likes to discuss financial matters as to the possibility of a recession in 2024 as suggested by the S&P Technical Breadth Thrust signal"

I suspect that the questions are really research into whether people fooled into responding to questions generated by AI?

Boots
2 Lemon pips

Postby Boots » December 13th, 2023, 9:54 am

robertbanking wrote:Hello you very wonderful and amazing individuals that make up these forums. I sincerely hope everything is going well for you.

What do YOU think?

Also, whilst writing, please quote where you read these articles. What did YOU think when you read "This signal has a 100% success rate".

puffster
2 Lemon pips

Postby puffster » December 13th, 2023, 10:08 am

Boots wrote:Also, whilst writing, please quote where you read these articles. What did YOU think when you read "This signal has a 100% success rate".

AI is known to have "hallucinations" where it makes stuff up.

Regards, Puffster

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » December 13th, 2023, 11:53 am

Uh? Please expand/explain.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » December 13th, 2023, 12:28 pm

Jesus wants you for a sunbeam...

Whatsitworth

Postby Whatsitworth » December 13th, 2023, 6:54 pm

Iv seen things you people wouldn’t believe

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » December 13th, 2023, 7:03 pm

Whatsitworth wrote:Iv seen things you people wouldn’t believe

You're Batty !

(Roy Batty)..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

Return to “The Economy”