Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Milkshakes

High levels of moderation
Forum rules
no trolling, name calling, no arguments.
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
ursaminortaur
Lemon Quarter

Re: Milkshakes

Postby ursaminortaur » May 22nd, 2019, 7:28 pm

Archtronics wrote:I really hope Nigel Fromage catches on.

It has been going for a while. I quite like the idea of this parody game from 2014

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/techandgadgets/nigel-farage-hits-out-at-risible-ukip-game-in-which-a-character-kicks-immigrants-into-the-sea-9941036.html

Nigel Farage has hit out at a "risible" phone game which features a character called Nicholas Fromage kicking immigrants off the White Cliffs of Dover.
The app, called Ukik, has been developed by 18-year-olds John Brown, James Dupreez, Fraser Richardson, John Hutchinson and Joe Brown.

It features a letter from 'Nicholas Fromage' who claims to represent "fruitcakes and loonies everywhere".

Archtronics
Lemon Pip

Postby Archtronics » May 22nd, 2019, 7:33 pm

ursaminortaur wrote:
Archtronics wrote:I really hope Nigel Fromage catches on.

It has been going for a while. I quite like the idea of this parody game from 2014

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/techandgadgets/nigel-farage-hits-out-at-risible-ukip-game-in-which-a-character-kicks-immigrants-into-the-sea-9941036.html

Nigel Farage has hit out at a "risible" phone game which features a character called Nicholas Fromage kicking immigrants off the White Cliffs of Dover.
The app, called Ukik, has been developed by 18-year-olds John Brown, James Dupreez, Fraser Richardson, John Hutchinson and Joe Brown.

It features a letter from 'Nicholas Fromage' who claims to represent "fruitcakes and loonies everywhere".

Haha that’s fantastic!

PhaseThree

Postby PhaseThree » May 22nd, 2019, 7:59 pm

So when Farage and his cohorts have their way and we get a "clean brake" with the EU, leaving the Good Friday Agreement as so much kindling for the Eleventh Night bonfires - who gets to man the newly installed Irish border ? Will it be Farage, Johnson and Cameron ? or will they leave the pointy end of Brexit for another mother's son to deal with ?

Whoever it is they will be praying for milkshakes.

mike
Lemon Slice

Postby mike » May 22nd, 2019, 8:05 pm

Looks like Farage isn't going anywhere at the moment

Nigel Farage is stuck on his Brexit bus because people have turned up with milkshake

He was trapped by three young men in balaclavas who 'were holding milkshakes'

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/nigel-farage-stuck-brexit-bus-2897876

Spet0789
Lemon Slice

Postby Spet0789 » May 22nd, 2019, 8:10 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
Spet0789 wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:
There are some unsettling similarities between our far right politicians being targeted recently and the assasination of Paim Fortuyn, a far right Dutch politican who was killed in 2002 by a far left activist, nine days before the Dutch general election.

Just 2 months before, Fortuyn had been 'caked' in public: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uocDk3Ydhkg

Some thought that hilarious too.

But it just shows you have quickly these things can escalate. We shouldn't be applauding those who assault others in public, whoever they are, we should be putting them in front of a judge.

HYD

I wouldn’t disagree, but I think the Brexiteers aren’t those we need to worry about.

When the Soubry:Farage death threat ratio moves from the current 100:1 to say 10:1, then perhaps we should start worrying as much about Farage. He also has 4 skin-headed heavies pay-rolled by Aaron Banks with him wherever he goes.

I don't really understand what you're saying in the above? Death threats of any kind are unacceptable so I don't want to argue which ones are worse.

And it doesn't matter how many bodyguards you have. If someone really wants to get to you, they'll find a good time. As the milkshake guy this week did and as the killer of Fortuyn did, as mentioned above.

HYD

I would have thought my point was obvious. There is a clear and present danger to Remain-supporting politicians who have been subject to to threats of rape, threats of death which in one case was actually acted on. The level of threat to Nigel and his buddies is negligible in comparison.

Because you support Nigel’s politics you are up on a high horse over a milkshake. If you really cared about this issue you would have been posting about the far more serious threats received by other politicians who don’t share your views. You haven’t as far as I recall, hence I consider your concerns to be faux.

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » May 22nd, 2019, 8:12 pm

mike wrote:Looks like Farage isn't going anywhere at the moment

Nigel Farage is stuck on his Brexit bus because people have turned up with milkshake

Here's how a real man deals with a bit of unexpected food produce. Blimey, who thought we'd ever end up saying that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-FfVshrIcY

Howyoudoin
Lemon Slice

Postby Howyoudoin » May 22nd, 2019, 10:11 pm

Spet0789 wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:
Spet0789 wrote:
I wouldn’t disagree, but I think the Brexiteers aren’t those we need to worry about.

When the Soubry:Farage death threat ratio moves from the current 100:1 to say 10:1, then perhaps we should start worrying as much about Farage. He also has 4 skin-headed heavies pay-rolled by Aaron Banks with him wherever he goes.

I don't really understand what you're saying in the above? Death threats of any kind are unacceptable so I don't want to argue which ones are worse.

And it doesn't matter how many bodyguards you have. If someone really wants to get to you, they'll find a good time. As the milkshake guy this week did and as the killer of Fortuyn did, as mentioned above.

HYD

I would have thought my point was obvious. There is a clear and present danger to Remain-supporting politicians who have been subject to to threats of rape, threats of death which in one case was actually acted on. The level of threat to Nigel and his buddies is negligible in comparison.

Because you support Nigel’s politics you are up on a high horse over a milkshake. If you really cared about this issue you would have been posting about the far more serious threats received by other politicians who don’t share your views. You haven’t as far as I recall, hence I consider your concerns to be faux.

Someone fill him in please as he’s clearly clueless about the threads I’ve started on here recently.

HYD

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » May 23rd, 2019, 6:47 am

SteMiS wrote:

Here's how a real man deals with a bit of unexpected food produce. Blimey, who thought we'd ever end up saying that...

Be careful what you wish for. If Farage had follwed Ed's lead he would have stripped down to his underwear.

Charlottesquare
Lemon Slice

Postby Charlottesquare » May 23rd, 2019, 8:02 am

Wizard wrote:
SteMiS wrote:

Be careful what you wish for. If Farage had follwed Ed's lead he would have stripped down to his underwear.

Right now a fair few Labour supporters would probably give up their Bacon Sarnies for Ed.

Having spent the early morning distributing twelve A Boards outside local polling stations, whilst most had an SNP one and some had Green and Conservative ones, I failed to spot one single Labour one. They are either running late or the party activists are not turning out for them. May have a quick drive round in an hour or so to see if any in evidence.

Will also say did not spot any Brexit Party ones either, then again Edinburgh is probably not one of their main hunting grounds in Scotland.

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » May 23rd, 2019, 8:46 am

Wizard wrote:
SteMiS wrote:

He could have taken his jacket off and used it to wipe down his trousers. I'm sure Aaron would have bought him a new one...

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Slice

Postby dionaeamuscipula » May 23rd, 2019, 9:44 am

Charlottesquare wrote:
Having spent the early morning distributing twelve A Boards outside local polling stations, whilst most had an SNP one and some had Green and Conservative ones, I failed to spot one single Labour one. They are either running late or the party activists are not turning out for them. May have a quick drive round in an hour or so to see if any in evidence.

Will also say did not spot any Brexit Party ones either, then again Edinburgh is probably not one of their main hunting grounds in Scotland.

Nothing at the polling station ("yea...quite a good flow this morning" said the staff, although I was the only customer at 8.30). Couple of lib dem signs at nearby houses (a former lib dem local councillor lives across the road from the polling station). I've not seen any other house signs. Leaflets at home from everyone except conservatives. Two from Lib Dems and Brexit Party, in each case one specifically addressed, one generic.

Parliamentary constituency is 2015 Labour gain from Lib Dem, strongly voted remain.

On my commute, couple of guys with Brexit Party signs standing at a junction, with "Honk Support" signs on them. No sounds of honking.

DM

mike
Lemon Slice

Postby mike » May 23rd, 2019, 10:09 am

dionaeamuscipula wrote: Leaflets at home from everyone except conservatives. Two from Lib Dems and Brexit Party, in each case one specifically addressed, one generic.

Parliamentary constituency is 2015 Labour gain from Lib Dem, strongly voted remain.

DM

I have only had 3 leaflets, addressed ones from Brexit and UKIP, and a generic from Labour. Nothing from Cons, LibDems or Greens.

Mine is stong Leave area with a Tory MP, the council election ward in May was Tory winning, Labour, Green with LD last by a long way.

Still feel LD is best in my wider region.

redsturgeon
Lemon Quarter

Postby redsturgeon » May 23rd, 2019, 10:11 am

mike wrote:

Only if you live in Scotland, Wales or the North East.

John

mike
Lemon Slice

Postby mike » May 23rd, 2019, 10:31 am

redsturgeon wrote:
mike wrote:

Only if you live in Scotland, Wales or the North East.

John

I'd been using the regions at the bottom of this page https://www.bestforbritain.org/vote to decide.

But the https://remainvoter.com/ gives different figures and suggests Green for me.

Important thing is to vote, add to the overall remain vote total.

BobbyD
Lemon Quarter

Postby BobbyD » May 23rd, 2019, 11:01 am

A senior lecturer in mental health at King’s College London has been filmed at a Brexit Party rally calling a Remain activist a “f***ing traitor” and poking a Union Jack flagpole in his face.

Niall McCrae, author of The Story of Nursing in British Mental Hospitals, was queueing for the rally at Kensington Olympia in west London on Tuesday. In a video posted on Twitter he is seen verbally abusing Femi Oluwole. He later shakes the hand of a man who had thrown water at Mr Oluwole.

- https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/acad ... -vzqlvp87w

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » May 23rd, 2019, 11:28 am

BobbyD wrote:
A senior lecturer in mental health at King’s College London has been filmed at a Brexit Party rally calling a Remain activist a “f***ing traitor” and poking a Union Jack flagpole in his face.

Niall McCrae, author of The Story of Nursing in British Mental Hospitals, was queueing for the rally at Kensington Olympia in west London on Tuesday. In a video posted on Twitter he is seen verbally abusing Femi Oluwole. He later shakes the hand of a man who had thrown water at Mr Oluwole.

I'm presuming he'll now be charged with common assault...

redsturgeon
Lemon Quarter

Postby redsturgeon » May 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am

SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:

Is he a Leftie?

John

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » May 23rd, 2019, 3:33 pm

SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:

I guess you mean the person that threw the water, not the lecturer. Correct?

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » May 23rd, 2019, 5:38 pm

Wizard wrote:
SteMiS wrote:

I guess you mean the person that threw the water, not the lecturer. Correct?

If it wasn't the lecturer (and I haven't followed the story closely enough to know) then yes

Spet0789
Lemon Slice

Postby Spet0789 » May 24th, 2019, 4:10 am

Howyoudoin wrote:
Spet0789 wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:

HYD

Someone fill him in please as he’s clearly clueless about the threads I’ve started on here recently.

HYD

My apologies for wrongly tagging you a Garage fan. I was playing your posts here on what I saw as their merits without researching your other posts.

But I still think your concern for Farage is misplaced. While all threats against politicians are to be deplored, I think Farage is more sinner (in that he deliberately inflames the enemies of democracy crowd, some of whom really are sinister and violent types) than sinned against.

Return to “Polite Discussions”