Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Nasreddin - The Sermon

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Nasreddin - The Sermon

Postby ReformedCharacter » June 9th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Once Nasreddin* was invited to deliver a sermon. When he got on the pulpit, he asked, 'Do you know what I am going to say?' The audience replied 'no', so he announced, 'I have no desire to speak to people who don't even know what I will be talking about!' and left.

The people felt embarrassed and called him back again the next day. This time, when he asked the same question, the people replied 'yes'. So Nasreddin said, 'Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I won't waste any more of your time!' and left.

Now the people were really perplexed. They decided to try one more time and once again invited the Mulla to speak the following week. Once again he asked the same question – 'Do you know what I am going to say?' Now the people were prepared and so half of them answered 'yes' while the other half replied 'no'. So Nasreddin said 'Let the half who know what I am going to say, tell it to the half who don't!' and left.

*For those unfamiliar with Nasreddin, he was a Sufi, born in Eskişehir Province, present-day Turkey and died in 13th century. He is considered a populist philosopher and wise man, remembered for his funny stories and anecdotes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasreddin

RC

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Re: Nasreddin - The Sermon

Postby stewamax » June 9th, 2018, 3:17 pm

He has a latter-day successor in Michel Barnier: "Whatever the compromise you have come to offer, it is unacceptable. No need to take your coat off; good-bye"

SwissPaul
Lemon Pip

Re: Nasreddin - The Sermon

Postby SwissPaul » June 10th, 2018, 9:43 pm

The good news is' their is no bad news. The bad news is; that is the end of the good news

Return to “Laughing Lemons”