Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Eggs

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Eggs

Postby OLTB » September 24th, 2018, 1:16 pm

In 1953, Reginald married his school sweetheart, Eliza. Eliza spoke with Reginald on their wedding night and pointed to her bedside table, "the only thing I ask of you Reg, is never to look inside my bedside drawer". Reginald thought this a little strange but agreed to this simple request.

They had a long life together, but eventually, inevitably, with time passing, their health started to fail. Eliza was very unwell in hospital and Reginald, sitting on their bed one morning, looked at the bedside drawer and, with years of wondering what was inside the drawer, decided to open it and have a look.

Inside he found rolls of £10 notes and an egg box with three eggs in it.

Confused he went to the hospital where he found Eliza's health was failing fast.

"Eliza", Reginald said, "I have asked what you wanted me to do and not looked in your bedside drawer all our years together. I have to confess though, that I did look inside this morning and am very confused".

"Oh Reg", Eliza sighed, "why did you do that?" Eliza bit her bottom lip and held Reginald's hand, "Reg, I have been a good wife to you all these years, but I have to admit that when I was unfaithful, I put an egg in the egg box".

Reginald was initially distraught, but then thought that Eliza being unfaithful three times during their 65 year marriage wasn't too bad.

"Ok Eliza, I understand, but what's with all that money in the drawer?"

Eliza said, "Whenever I had a full box of eggs I sold them at the market".

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Re: Eggs

Postby brightncheerful » September 26th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Whenever following a recipe to cook a meal, one way to ponder is to wonder what is meant by the phrase "separate two eggs".

The question is how far apart?

Return to “Laughing Lemons”