Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Hitting 1 Million - Stocks & Crypto [formerly Long Road to Millionaire Topic]

Honest reporting on shorter-term trading activity and ideas
BrummieDave
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hitting 1 Million - Stocks & Crypto [formerly Long Road to Millionaire Topic]

Postby BrummieDave » January 9th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Good, and it looks like you took my reply in the well natured spirit it was intended.

My only direct experience, and I think this keeps the post 'on topic' as it would have moved me a little further to millionaire status (!), was at a presentation at work 4 years ago which was intended to introduce Bitcoin to clients when the speaker ended his talk by offering anyone who wanted one, a Bitcoin! As nobody felt confident enough to stand up for fear of being caught out by any lack of understanding, even after the talk, we all muttered and looked at our shoes! :oops:

Good luck with your crpto Pipsmum, the little pips, and GoSeigen!

Pipsmum
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hitting 1 Million - Stocks & Crypto [formerly Long Road to Millionaire Topic]

Postby Pipsmum » January 25th, 2018, 9:07 am

Update. I was in on the joke... but my nerves just couldn't stand the pace. I decided I had gone quite mad, and cleared off just before it became half of what it had been. This Emperor has no pants (yet). I put the rescued remainder of this definite 'gamble' into a high growth share to lick its wounds and recover on it's own without such drama. Now my nerves can rest a little easier.

will89
Lemon Pip

Postby will89 » January 25th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Pipsmum wrote:Update. I was in on the joke... but my nerves just couldn't stand the pace.

That's a shame! We've been lucky that only around 1% of our crypto portfolio was in Bitcoin, the vast majority being in ETH, which has actually not dropped off its ATH that much. Admittedly, I've been selling for the last month or so, around 25% of our portfolio, but I'm now happy to hold the remainder for a longer period.

Pipsmum
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pipsmum » January 25th, 2018, 5:56 pm

We can always re-join you when it points the right way. Mine were an ETH too but not real. Just a tracker. Yes, I should have held my nerve but the Carillion fiasco was still a strong spectre and ETH looked like it was vanishing into a puff of smoke in a matter of moments. I was just rescuing the half emptied bag before it fell off the cliff as far as I was concerned. It didn't of course....

Maybe the Emperor has a pair of socks after all.

Return to “Trading my way to a million”