Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Mark Strahan (ukpoker) where are you?

Honest reporting on shorter-term trading activity and ideas
GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Mark Strahan (ukpoker) where are you?

Postby GoSeigen » October 21st, 2022, 10:22 am

This year is the thirteenth anniversary of the birth of the "Trading my way to a million" forum, originally hosted on The Motley Fool. To commemorate it I thought I'd invite the originator of the idea, one Mark Strahan (aka ukpoker) to visit us and give us an update on his trading idea and whether he succeeded in building his pension from £3000 to £1million in thirteen years as he originally set out to do. Even if not, perhaps he can share anything he learned from the process, as part of the original idea was for the project to be Educational and Entertaining as well as enriching in the spirit of The Motley Fool website.

While we wait for Mark, here are links to the original articles announcing the idea in The Times and on The Motley Fool itself. Hopefully these can serve to explain to newcomers what this forum is actually about, which is for other Fools to replicate the idea and attempt to achieve the 30%pa compound growth rate targeted by ukpoker with a real-money portfolio and document the process in real time here on TLF.

-The original article in The Times[$]:
The great pension challenge

-The same article (hosted at the Internet Archive) for those without a subscription:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100601212 ... 735399.ece

-Cliff D'Arcy's (TMFCliff) article on the Motley Fool (courtesy Internet Archive):
Turning £36,000 Into £1 Million

-This is Mark's first post about the challenge on the TMF forums (courtesy Internet Archive):
https://web.archive.org/web/20160619165 ... 22090.aspx

Unfortunately Mark hasn't stuck around to update us on his progress. I have attempted the challenge, failing miserably at the moment but I do still update on progress from time to time on this thread:

GoSeigen million challenge!

A new update coming soon I hope...

GS

Return to “Trading my way to a million”