Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

A Slow Waltz

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

A Slow Waltz

Postby Rhyd6 » October 7th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Our contract with our LPG provider is due to run out in December so once again they expect us to go through the rigmarole of negotiations. We've received an offer which, when their web site was checked, bears no relation in terms of generosity to the one offered to new customers. Every year we go through this fandango and so far have ended up with the offer that is on their web site. Why the hell do they bother? I know that most suppliers do this to their regular customers but it really is a pain in the posterior. OH has put his foot down this year and emailed our supplier telling them how much we're prepared to pay like it or lump it. He's already got another supplier lined up so we'll just have to wait and see.

R6

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Re: A Slow Waltz

Postby sg31 » October 7th, 2018, 10:18 pm

I had the same problem last year. We had a tank fitted by Calor 2 years before, they fitted the tank free of charge so I expected the rate to be high on the initial contract, it was, at 51p per litre for 2 years. After the initial 2 years I could move if I wanted so I expected a better rate, it was.....for Calor, they wanted 59p per Litre.

I did a bit of shopping round then I found these people..

https://www.lpgcompare.co.uk/

They shopped around for me and got half a dozen competitive quotes, some guaranteed rates, some with up to £150 free gas. Calor offered 33p per litre and £75 free gas. A bit different from their offer to me.

In the end I went with Flogas.

LPG compare are agents and get reimbursed by the gas company so you don't pay anything. I was delighted with the service. Give them a try.

(I've no connection with LPG compare other than as a satisfied customer)

If you do try them please post back your thought as it might help another poster at a later date.

****My apologies for being helpful, I know it's not expected on this board.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » October 8th, 2018, 8:38 am

sg31 wrote:
****My apologies for being helpful, I know it's not expected on this board.

:P

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » October 8th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Be as helpful as you like sg31 it's appreciated. Unfortunately the company that are giving us the run around are Flogas. Thanks for the link I shall set OH onto it as soon as he returns from today's silver surfer rescue mission.

R6

Return to “Bitter Lemons”