Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Banks: do they want customers?

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Banks: do they want customers?

Postby Slarti » March 21st, 2018, 5:38 pm

gnawsome wrote:[quote="... but pretty much manage to do everything online.

But ONLY if you have a mobile phone.[/quote]

I do all of my banking online, unless somebody sends me a cheque, and have never even contemplated using my mobile for it.

Sorry, I do use cashpoints to draw cash.

Slarti

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 21st, 2018, 5:51 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
didds wrote:
(Admin - my own occassional blog FTR)

Hi didds,

I think you should probably try to resist posting links to these types of personal things, to be honest....

Mod-discussions do take place around such posts, and very rare occurrences can be taken as helpful actions from well-meaning posters, such as your recent rugby-related post.

Non-rare occurrences, however, are likely to be seen in a completely different light, and will probably attract the sort of mod-attention that you'd prefer to avoid, I'd think....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

fair enough - it was just a light hearted piece with no ulterior motives, but I'll pull it ... I don't want to hack anybody off.

its also a total coincidence that I had two personal links today as it happens :)

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 21st, 2018, 6:03 pm

sympathies BJ. its just endemic of the London-centric society we live in where everyone lives in the same cultural and logistical bubble and nowhere is more than 10 miles outside the M25 or more than 50 minutes' journey away.

didds

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 21st, 2018, 8:51 pm

Lootman wrote:You are 100% correct. NatWest are stunningly incompetent. But that is exactly why I like them - they are completely aware of their uselessness and so always accept my point of view in disputes precisely because they know how useless they are.

Um... Doesn't sound an entirely satisfactory setup to me!

Lootman wrote:But yes, common sense precautions are needed. I started out with Midland, now HSBC. They pissed me off so I switched to Lloyds. They cocked it up so i moved to Barclays. They failed me so I went to NatWest. And they are so bad that I stuck with them. Useless, the lot of them.

I dunno. People always seem to be saying these kinds of things about the usual UK high street banks, so why do they use them? I haven't had such a personal bank account AFAIK since about 1971.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”