Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Inappropriate phones

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Inappropriate phones

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 4th, 2018, 6:46 pm

I'm not someone who gets annoyed whenever I see anyone on a phone in a public place.

But it's a different story when they're in the bloomin' way of the rest of us going about our legitimate business, and oblivious to the nuisance they're causing. Like today: some huge fat woman right in front of Sainsburys' oils shelf.

How long was she there? Well, she was there and blathering on when I arrived at the bakery next to the oils, where I had to queue while some woman made up her mind what smiley-faced gingerbreads (or something) she wanted and her man fidgeted. Eventually I got them to slice my granary loaf, and woman-on-the-phone was still on phone when I left. I had caught a couple of words: the phrase "extra virgin" suggested she was indeed talking oils. But FFS, just how long can you take over not picking up a bottle of oil?

I confess, I used the time while my loaf was being sliced to execute a ninja move between her and the oil shelf to grab a bottle. That only worked because I knew exactly what I was buying: I'd have had no chance if I'd had to browse the shelf to make a choice.

didds
Lemon Half

Re: Inappropriate phones

Postby didds » June 4th, 2018, 7:25 pm

The phone is merely a manifestation of the concept of "I don't think about my actions with regard to others" ... supermarkets see this all the time... family of five? lets all go to the supermarket together on a Saturday mid morning just when its heaving, to ensure we create as much ,mayhem and bother for everybody else by having several family disputes all at once and ensuring everybody is having a truly miserable time. instead of four staying at home and one person having a singularly miserable time but alleviating the other four and the rest of the supermarket the pain of the family visit.

Or lets leave the trolley sideways in the aisle and disappear for a ,while, using it like a mother ship. Or lets watch the cashier for several minutes while the scouts pack my bags and at the end of it then look for my purse/wallet and then search in it for the 253 coupons each of which has to then be scrutinsed twice before handing them over, and then at the end of it all, searching for the credit card and trying to remember which of the 14 grand kids birthdays the pin is, or paying with cash and finding out there isn't enough to trying to work out which items to return and remember in the middle of it that they can't return the yak cheese because aunt bessie is coming and she only eats yak cheese on toast.

etc
didds

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » June 4th, 2018, 7:52 pm

I confess, I used the time while my loaf was being sliced to execute a ninja move between her and the oil shelf to grab a bottle.

They actually 'slice' your bread for you?

I don't want to know where you're living, but don't the wardens trust you with a bread knife? :-)

Steve

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 4th, 2018, 7:58 pm

stevensfo wrote:I don't want to know where you're living, but don't the wardens trust you with a bread knife? :-)

Steve

It's not the wardens, it's the freezer. Won't take a breadknife! I consume bread far too slowly to do justice to a loaf without the help of the freezer.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”