Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

naughty

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
scotia
Lemon Quarter

naughty

Postby scotia » September 19th, 2018, 11:50 pm

That was a naughty attempt by the Polite Discussion Brexiteers to takeover the Bitter Lemons' board. Well done redsturgeon for spotting the ploy and sending them packing. I was thinking of some more appropriate treatment. Was there not something about Boiling in Oil in the Mikado?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: naughty

Postby redsturgeon » September 20th, 2018, 8:48 am

scotia wrote:That was a naughty attempt by the Polite Discussion Brexiteers to takeover the Bitter Lemons' board. Well done redsturgeon for spotting the ploy and sending them packing. I was thinking of some more appropriate treatment. Was there not something about Boiling in Oil in the Mikado?

Thank you Scotia. It is worse on the PD board...I opened a discussion there on the recent tragic case of two pedestrians being killed by a 77 year old bus driver...someone tried to suggest the problem would be solved by Brexit!

John

madhatter
Lemon Slice

Postby madhatter » September 20th, 2018, 3:20 pm

...someone tried to suggest the problem would be solved by Brexit!

Someone else tried to suggest it would be solved by cancelling Brexit!

Some people eh?

Grumpi
Lemon Pip

Postby Grumpi » September 24th, 2018, 11:57 am

scotia wrote:That was a naughty attempt by the Polite Discussion Brexiteers to takeover the Bitter Lemons' board. Well done redsturgeon for spotting the ploy and sending them packing.

Just for the record,
In posting the previous topic, "I Didn't Like The Result - Let's Do It Again" my intention was to voice my bitterness against the selfish individuals who refuse to accept a majority decision if it does not conform with their own desires.
I blame the parents of these grownup spoil children.

I pointed out the ridiculousness of saying No. Do it again. No let's make Best of three and then Best of five until I get my own way etc. in a typical children's playground squabble.

I would never jeopardise Bitter Lemon. I have been a staunch supporter of the Grumpy Old Men/Grumpy Old Fools boards and now enjoy Bitter Lemons.

My mistake, perhaps, was in using the Brexiteers as an example.
Would you have been happier, scotia, had I used the Scottish Independence referendum as the example?

Furthermore I don't do Polite Discussions.

Yours
Still
Grumpy ;-(

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » September 24th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Grumpi I think you would have been better using the Welsh referendum of 1997 as an analogy. 50.3% voted for a devolved assembly, 49.7% against. I admit that I voted against and was very disappointed with the result. It did not occur to me to rise up and call the opposition liars or to suggest that they must all be mentally unstable or just plain thick as has happened with Brexit. There was a certain amount of moaning I'll admit, but although this has increased over time because the record of the Assembly in almost all aspects of life and politics in Wales is abysmal we've accepted the result because we all had a chance to vote and it seems were mature enough to accept an even closer result.

R6

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » September 24th, 2018, 9:54 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:Grumpi I think you would have been better using the Welsh referendum of 1997 as an analogy. 50.3% voted for a devolved assembly, 49.7% against. I admit that I voted against and was very disappointed with the result. It did not occur to me to rise up and call the opposition liars or to suggest that they must all be mentally unstable or just plain thick as has happened with Brexit. There was a certain amount of moaning I'll admit, but although this has increased over time because the record of the Assembly in almost all aspects of life and politics in Wales is abysmal we've accepted the result because we all had a chance to vote and it seems were mature enough to accept an even closer result.

R6

It is however a jolly good argument in favour of Proportional Representation.
How else can you get to vote for Welsh independence from Surrey Heath?

Return to “Bitter Lemons”