Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Humbuggery

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Humbuggery

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 22nd, 2019, 5:13 pm

OK, I think the town centre has just given me a whole new level of ghastliness.

Walking along the main shopping street, I'm assailed by a persistent car alarm (and it's parked on a double-yellow line, and in a road too small for parking - disabled badge holders only would be marginally acceptable; anyone else most certainly isn't). I stick my fingers in my ears, and duck off the street into the market square at the first opportunity.

It turns out to be ... worse. Not only am I assailed by piped muzak, there's b***** synthetic sleet coming down from above. Well, it's too warm for real sleet, and as I exit the market (now thankfully round the corner from that alarm), I see it coming from a first-floor window above. There must be others operating to have fed a wider area. These are all civic buildings, and that looks like my b***** council tax feeding this preposterous humbuggery. :evil:

On the way back home, I take a different road that avoids the above, but is popular parking for the town centre. No gratuitously offensive noises this time, but the whole street is backed up with cars waiting to park (or perhaps in more sensible cases, just having realised their mistake too late and being unable to escape). The amount of filth they're pouring into my lungs (and of course their own) must surely be costing them as much as one of our nearby car parks would.

Grrrr ....

rabbit
Lemon Pip

Re: Humbuggery

Postby rabbit » December 22nd, 2019, 11:08 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:OK, I think the town centre has just given me a whole new level of ghastliness.

Walking along the main shopping street, I'm assailed by a persistent car alarm (and it's parked on a double-yellow line, and in a road too small for parking - disabled badge holders only would be marginally acceptable; anyone else most certainly isn't). I stick my fingers in my ears, and duck off the street into the market square at the first opportunity.

It turns out to be ... worse. Not only am I assailed by piped muzak, there's b***** synthetic sleet coming down from above. Well, it's too warm for real sleet, and as I exit the market (now thankfully round the corner from that alarm), I see it coming from a first-floor window above. There must be others operating to have fed a wider area. These are all civic buildings, and that looks like my b***** council tax feeding this preposterous humbuggery. :evil:

On the way back home, I take a different road that avoids the above, but is popular parking for the town centre. No gratuitously offensive noises this time, but the whole street is backed up with cars waiting to park (or perhaps in more sensible cases, just having realised their mistake too late and being unable to escape). The amount of filth they're pouring into my lungs (and of course their own) must surely be costing them as much as one of our nearby car parks would.

Grrrr ....

Good reasons not to shop on a Sunday!

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Humbuggery

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 23rd, 2019, 11:40 am

rabbit wrote:Good reasons not to shop on a Sunday!

Who said anything about shopping? That town centre just happens to be on the way from here to most places! Especially when I'm insufficiently recovered from the lurgy to tackle a serious hill (which I'll try again this afternoon).

Return to “Bitter Lemons”