Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

What is wrong with people?

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

What is wrong with people?

Postby redsturgeon » January 25th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Trying to sell my son's corn snake on Gumtree. Not really bothered about the money but to ensure it goes to a good home I thought it best to ask for some money to include snake and vivarium, far less than it would cost to buy them usually.

So in the last 24 hours I have ave seven people email me to ask if the snake is still for sale. Of those, a couple then asked follow up questions, then nothing. No, "Thanks but I not interested", just nothing.

The latest though takes the biscuit.

Them: " Hi is the snake still available?"

Me : "Yes it is. Would you like to come and see it?"

Them: " Yes but I'm in Hayward's Heath" (This is about two hours from me!)

What was that all about?

John

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: What is wrong with people?

Postby Laughton » January 25th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Unfortunately one of the perils of selling stuff online.

My son decided to move to Canada a few years ago and he too had a corn snake. He found a local school that had a kind of small zoo (rabbits, tortoises, goat, etc. etc). They were very happy to take the snake and my son was happy knowing that it would be cared for and cared about.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » January 25th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Problem solved. My daughter heard it was being sold and offered to take it on. I hadn't thought she would since she is vegan.

John

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » January 25th, 2020, 7:03 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Problem solved. My daughter heard it was being sold and offered to take it on. I hadn't thought she would since she is vegan.

John

Won't the snake happily live on food - like rodents - that isn't the product of horrendously abusive farming practices?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » January 25th, 2020, 7:41 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:Problem solved. My daughter heard it was being sold and offered to take it on. I hadn't thought she would since she is vegan.

John

Won't the snake happily live on food - like rodents - that isn't the product of horrendously abusive farming practices?

It sure does...although I am not totally sure how the little rats are raised. I was not sure whether my daughter would like handling their little frozen dead bodies though.

John

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » January 25th, 2020, 9:34 pm

You don't mean she's planning to eat it??!

GS

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » January 26th, 2020, 12:05 am

GoSeigen wrote:

You don't mean she's planning to eat it??!

GS

Has she misunderstood the term, "corn snake" ?

Julian F. G. W.

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » January 26th, 2020, 3:56 am

Having recently downsized we had a significant amount of excess belongings to get rid of. We used charity shops, Gumtree and Freecycle (and the local dump) to get rid of the stuff and we found that the most unreliable advert respondents were on Freecycle.

Poor grammar & bad manners were common but offset by some very nice people who really appreciated the give aways.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 26th, 2020, 8:27 am

redsturgeon wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:Won't the snake happily live on food - like rodents - that isn't the product of horrendously abusive farming practices?

It sure does...although I am not totally sure how the little rats are raised. I was not sure whether my daughter would like handling their little frozen dead bodies though.

Buy her a few mousetraps for her birthday, then. Fresh, fully organic food for free!

Oh, hang on...... :|

BJ

(Ob story: In the days when we had cats, which did all their own mousing, I set a couple of traps up in the loft and pretty quickly caught a few of the little cheesers. I offered one to our smaller cat, figuring that she should be happy to eat it, since it was factory fresh and obviously didn't smell of other cats. She looked at me with wide-eyed astonishment. "How the hell did you do that," she said to me? :lol:

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » March 15th, 2020, 10:25 am

I had a small corn snake at uni, which ate "pinkies" - small mice I bought frozen.

One evening there was a shriek from the kitchen, and my flatmate was stood there with a pan containing sliced onions and thawed rodents, the paper bag still in her hand.

"I thought it said "MINCE" on the bag" she shrieked.

Paul

Return to “Bitter Lemons”