Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Feedback

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Feedback

Postby Rhyd6 » July 15th, 2020, 4:23 pm

No, I don't want to give you feedback every time I purchase something from your poxy store. If I wasn't satisfied you'd have heard from me sharpish. Who in the name of all that's holy thought that by pestering a customer time after time after time would result in a positive recommendation? I tend to let rip when I finally lose patience so your continuous request for feedback produces a negative result.

R6

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Feedback

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 15th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Seems to be a craze for asking us to review our purchases before we've even used the bloomin' things.

Or in some cases even installed them. As with the new blinds for my Velux window, which arrived in the unsettled spell in early June, and had to wait for a day I could rely on the weather before perching precariously on a table and through the roof to attach an external awning blind on a Velux window held open at an angle from which it wanted to swing back.

Especially annoying when "will it last?" is the question uppermost in the mind, as with the non-stick kitchenware.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » July 16th, 2020, 9:22 am

What gets me is that leaving feedback often isn't as simple as filling in a box on the company's website. No, you've got to spend ten minutes filling in a sixty-box survey that will ask you all kinds of totally irrelevant questions, mostly relating to your "customer experience" - not really about the product at all.

And at the end of it, as an expression of the company's undying gratitude, you get put into a lucky draw which might bring you £100 if you happen to be this month's one in a million. Or five quid off your next purchase as a thank you for giving away your personal info, which they can sell on to whoever they like.

The end result being that your efforts will probably end up on Google Reviews, or suchlike, and your email account will henceforth be fair game for hackers, scammers and spammers all across the world. Not bloody likely. :evil:

BJ

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » July 16th, 2020, 10:39 am

I had to kick up a bit of a fuss a few years ago to stop Trustpilot from harassing me to review various purchases. At the time they didn't have an 'unsubscribe' option. I left a few 'reviews' that were basically complaints about Trustpilot - and they got pulled pretty quickly. And eventually Trustpilot were persuaded to leave me alone. Obnoxious way to do business IMO.

RC

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 16th, 2020, 12:57 pm

bungeejumper wrote:he end result being that your efforts will probably end up on Google Reviews, or suchlike, and your email account will henceforth be fair game for hackers, scammers and spammers all across the world. Not bloody likely. :evil:

BJ

Annoying though they are, I don't think I've encountered any that leak your email address. Our 1998 data protection act and similar legislation elsewhere (even some US states) pre-dates reviews becoming standard marketing practice.

Bminusrob
Lemon Slice

Postby Bminusrob » July 16th, 2020, 6:40 pm

Agreed, these feedback requests are annoying. I got to the point of deleting them without even opening the message. However, the one which really irritated me was when I was asked for feedback via text message, and when I responded, I found I had been using a chargeable text message.
Bar stewards.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”