Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Think of me

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Think of me

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » August 1st, 2021, 8:54 am

Mum & Dad's taxi is taking our beloved daughter and a friend to Murder Hell today :shock:

I'm told these two 14 year old's have had a tough time during covid and need a little retail therapy. I've been put on notice that my good lady would like a new top too. The two younger ladies are going to meet up with Mum & Dad for lunch :lol:

I will be able to pop into Boots to collect my usual bag of snake oils to keep me fit for work for the next 12 years :cry:

When I get home just as a little treat for myself I' going to take the lid off a tin of paint and watch it dry. I fancy a soothing cream today :P

When I was my daughters age my time was filled with out doors stuff. Bike riding in the Yorkshire Wolds. Fishing. Shooting. Pony riding. Ferreting. Tree climbing. Paper rounds. Youth clubs. Scouts. Murder Hell hadn't been built and any suggestion of such a monster would have been seriously derided. But times have moved on. We don't let our children out to play on the street or climb trees or ride ponies. Yet she fills her time very constructively. She bakes. She does a lot of craft work. She reads. She listens to music. She watches TV. She baths the dogs, does water changes on her fish tanks, cleans out her hamster, dusts and hoovers and generally occupies her time well.

Think of me today. I will try to be on my best behaviour :P

AiY

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Think of me

Postby Mike4 » August 1st, 2021, 9:39 am

I'm very jealous of this paint project you are planning.

Today I'm visiting my boat in Birmingham to clean out perhaps five litres of filthy dirty diesel oil from the bilge under the beautiful but leaky vintage engine, which has slowly leaked in the last couple of years. Really looking forward to this...

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » August 1st, 2021, 9:49 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote: .....cleans out her hamster.......

AiY

I presume (hope!) you mean the hamster cage?

doolally

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » August 1st, 2021, 11:30 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
Think of me today.

I can sense the thousand-yard stare from here...

Huge sympathies...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 1st, 2021, 12:46 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:We don't let our children out to play on the street or climb trees or ride ponies.

Ouch!

Return to “Bitter Lemons”