Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Transgender Rubbish!

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Transgender Rubbish!

Postby JMN2 » February 22nd, 2017, 6:24 pm

Such bo**ocks! Apparently, in USA you can be whatever gender you feel like. This one idiot had 21 genders so far, one for every occasion, one of them being "gender-bender". A public toilet for every gender, what a nightmare. My opinion is it is mostly a fad, and if you have bo**ocks dangling between your thighs you go to the Gents, if not to the Ladies' you go. Simples!

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Transgender Rubbish!

Postby UncleEbenezer » February 22nd, 2017, 6:36 pm

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » February 22nd, 2017, 10:28 pm

Don't know much about it and there are lots of things I care more about TBH. However IMO there are certainly lots of fairly suggestible people around from children on up who are likely to be swayed by this continual harping on about these (to say the very least) atypical wierdos.

Much the same goes for the endless procession of homosexuals and lesbians to say nothing of the obligatory and disproportionately represented characters in every soap series. Why can't they just get on with their lives, leave me to get on with mine, and keep their mouths tight shut about how much more deserving of rights they are than anyone else. I don't feel a need to shout that I'm a male heterosexual after all - maybe I should be doing that of course?

I'd put the bloomin' fire hose on the lot of them. :twisted:

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Postby supremetwo » February 22nd, 2017, 11:01 pm

quelquod wrote:Much the same goes for the endless procession of homosexuals and lesbians to say nothing of the obligatory and disproportionately represented characters in every soap series. Why can't they just get on with their lives, leave me to get on with mine, and keep their mouths tight shut about how much more deserving of rights they are than anyone else. I don't feel a need to shout that I'm a male heterosexual after all - maybe I should be doing that of course?

Spot on.

But there are now considerable and increasing NHS costs to the taxpayer for this 'industry'.
https://www.devonpartnership.nhs.uk/Spe ... gic.0.html

The gender clinic, formerly known as ‘The Laurels’ provides gender identity advice and treatment on the NHS to meet the ever-growing number of NHS referrals from GPs across the country.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » February 23rd, 2017, 12:18 am

Not long ago, I read or heard an article about a woman who had wanted sterilisation, so she could have a fear-free and chemical-free sex life without risk of breeding. It was denied to her until her late 30s, on the grounds that she might change her mind.

My thought was, perhaps she should instead have "identified" as male and demanded a sex change operation. Then she'd have had the VIP treatment in turning off her lady bits. Not ideal when her goal was to live life as a childless woman, but maybe there'd have been a point where she could have walked out of the process in the desired condition.

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Postby JMN2 » February 23rd, 2017, 10:58 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:... but maybe there'd have been a point where she could have walked out of the process in the desired condition.

Too risky, what if one falls a sleep at the doctor's appointment?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 23rd, 2017, 11:51 am

Yes, it's a first world problem. There's not much chance of getting the op on the national health services of most countries. Although in India I think there's a tradition of blokes doing it to themselves. :shock:

And yes, it hurts me too to think about cancer operations being cancelled because hospital beds are being occupied by people undergoing the chop op. Or about beds being closed for the lack of NHS funds while they're being farmed out to expensive private clinics.

But (there's always a but, isn't there?), I know enough to know that I don't know enough. I couldn't ever put myself in the mindset of some of these people, some of whom appear to be in genuine personal agony. (My wife has been involved in counselling some of them, and sorting out the urgent cases from the fickle imposters. Oh yes, there are those too...) So I honestly don't feel able to judge about the ethics of every individual case.

What bothers me is the thought that today's extensive press coverage might be 'normalising' what must surely be a very rare (and probably genetic) condition? Wannabes and me-toos have always been with us. ;)

BJ

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » February 23rd, 2017, 12:46 pm

Wannabes and me-toos have always been with us

And perhaps of more importance an increasing number of parents seemingly pandering to children too young to understand what they're talking about.

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Postby supremetwo » February 23rd, 2017, 1:15 pm

quelquod wrote:And perhaps of more importance an increasing number of parents seemingly pandering to children too young to understand what they're talking about.

Plus 'social' media and numerous organisations promoting transgender with support from the DOE.

http://www.timeplan.com/schools-offered ... r-teacher/

Schools can now take advantage of a grant of up to £30,000 to hire gay and transgender teachers to help fill gaps in diversity, as part of the Leadership Equality and Diversity Fund that is being backed by the Department for Education.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » February 23rd, 2017, 3:20 pm

JMN2 wrote:Such bo**ocks! Apparently, in USA you can be whatever gender you feel like. This one idiot had 21 genders so far, one for every occasion, one of them being "gender-bender". A public toilet for every gender, what a nightmare. My opinion is it is mostly a fad, and if you have bo**ocks dangling between your thighs you go to the Gents, if not to the Ladies' you go. Simples!

Not a public toilet for every gender, but gender neutral toilets are what is wished for, apparently.

And in the States where this is a big issue, the dangley bits are not enough to define you, it is what is written on your birth certificate. So those who have gone the whole hog and had reassignment surgery still are not allowed to use the loos of the gender they present as. Which has led to rape for quite a few former he's and to physical violence for both transitions.

Slarti

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » February 23rd, 2017, 4:22 pm

Schools can now take advantage of a grant of up to £30,000 to hire gay and transgender teachers to help fill gaps in diversity...

Hmm, I wonder how many boys in the sixth form will suddenly decide they're really women inside, just to get time with the two new lesbian home economics teachers who are most definitely 'up for it'?

I remember one of the personal ads in Viz years ago, something like:

'Forty year old slightly overweight, balding man, convinced he should have been born a woman, wishes to meet pair of lesbians (18-25) to help ease his buried feminine homosexual inner self out into the real world.'

Steve

Return to “Bitter Lemons”