Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Investment site?

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: Investment site?

Postby dealtn » November 1st, 2022, 3:39 pm

richfool wrote:
dealtn wrote:
88V8 wrote:
dealtn wrote:
88V8 wrote:Fifthly, the TR advocates who rather marred the atmosphere for a while.

Again!
Can you not find a more appropriate label? TR is a truth and reality and shouldn't be an insult. It applies to all investment strategies.

Me? I know what I mean by it in the context of these boards. Those who advocate liquidating capital growth as a means of providing income. For some reason they've gone quiet of late.

If you prefer another label, feel free to create one.

V8

Those aren't Total Return advocates then. A better label might be Portfolio Management, managing the size of your investment portfolio including the sale of investments to withdraw and to provide "income" perhaps. Total Return is something completely different.

I don't think the OP intended his post to digress into a discussion about TR. Why not start a new topic, if that's what you wish to discuss, rather than dilute the theme of the OP.

Well I wasn't intending a discussion about TR.

Literally the next post is about people correcting obvious wrongs, and that's what I was doing.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Investment site?

Postby Dod101 » November 1st, 2022, 4:39 pm

XFool wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
Dod101 wrote:The other worrying thing is that there are posts made which are plain wrong and yet they are made as though from some authority which knows what it is talking about!
XFool wrote:So? What is stopping you challenging such "plain wrong" posts with correct arguments and reputable facts and figures? Show them they are wrong"!

I do, I do. You are not paying attention!

Show me!

Strange you should ask that but maybe you know something I do not because I cannot now find the post I was thinking about nor the exchange which prompted it. Maybe I upset someone's feelings and they asked for it to be deleted. I do not mind that but I do wish the mod responsible (if that is what has happened) would let me know.

Dod

Return to “Bitter Lemons”