Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Black bloody Friday

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Black bloody Friday

Postby Lootman » November 28th, 2023, 12:58 pm

stevensfo wrote:
Lootman wrote:I suspect that any topic can be manipulated into being about race if someone sufficiently desires that. But what does it really say about a person who sees race in everything in that way?

Years ago, I did evening voluntary work as an Adult Literacy teacher in Hertfordshire, and occasionally chatted to our very ethnically diverse students about this. Everybody agreed that they didn't like it. The young lady who organised the classes was not too happy about these chats. Her whole job, so it seemed to me, revolved around a continuous and exaggerated war against racism and gender inequality and she never shut up about it, even though the classes were very balanced male-female and I never encountered a whiff of racist behaviour. Racism was part of her 'raison d'etre' and I reckon that her rants did more harm than good.

Yes, some people have decided that they are going to be a one-man (or one-woman) race warrior. And even in this enlightened chamber there are a couple of Lemons whom we can rely on to always charge towards the imaginary cannons when they hear, or think they hear, anything that smacks of racism to them.

The irony is that quite often such people are white, but who have been somehow brainwashed into feeling guilty about it, no doubt influenced by the barrage of political correctness we all have to suffer through these days. To the point sometimes of oneupmanship: "Look at me and how much I hate racism". AKA virtue signalling.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Black bloody Friday

Postby Clitheroekid » November 28th, 2023, 1:00 pm

As my original post has been derailed by this silly argument can I please ask that you both stop sniping at each other (or at least do so somewhere else)?

Return to “Bitter Lemons”