Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Happy New Year

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Happy New Year

Postby Tedx » January 1st, 2024, 5:30 pm

Well it's been an interesting start to the year.

We spent new year in the village hall of a small Speyside community (population c.250). The halls capacity is 120, so a fair chunk of the village was there. It was great fun. A brilliant live band, loads of food and drink. Except I was driving. Still a good laugh though. The slight down side was having to leave the hall in a reasonable condition. But there was 50+ of us tidying up and it was good fun.

And the drive home was pleasant. A clear night and not another car on the roads

So we got in at 4am. The missus was...errr ..'under the weather' so I stayed up, watched the telly while she stayed upstairs, close to the facilities.

I eventually caught an hour of kip and when I woke up I snapped the pull cord on the blind, stood in a puddle in my slippers while putting a bag of rubbish in the outside bin and....I....errr...'blocked' the toilet.

Hello 2024.

On the upside, I have a new pair of Christmas slippers to unbox, I don't care about the blind cord today and the bog unblocked itself an hour later with a sudden huge rush of water (and other material) plunging through the pipeworkm

So today has been a bit of a mixed bag. On the upside though, us northern drunked bastards get an extra bank holiday tomorrow. So keep the noise down will ya.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”