Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Shiply and the Shipment Protection Plan

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
88V8
Lemon Half

Shiply and the Shipment Protection Plan

Postby 88V8 » April 4th, 2024, 9:35 am

Dunno where to post this.... currently I have two items in transit with Shiply.

When filling in the details I noticed a new option, Shipment Protection Plan, which appears to be transit insurance, so I ticked the box.
Cost me a few quid.

Nowhere on the site does it give any information on this, so I asked.

Here are the terms.

I particularly draw your attention to clause 5, and if you are shipping an antique, as I am, clause 9.

To my mind, clause 5 and the requirement that 'the recipient must inspect shipments upon both collection and delivery' makes this a chocolate teapot. How would one inspect something a hundred miles away?

So I shan't be bothering with this in future. It's a swizz.

V8

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Shiply and the Shipment Protection Plan

Postby servodude » April 4th, 2024, 10:11 am

88V8 wrote:Dunno where to post this.... currently I have two items in transit with Shiply.

When filling in the details I noticed a new option, Shipment Protection Plan, which appears to be transit insurance, so I ticked the box.
Cost me a few quid.

Nowhere on the site does it give any information on this, so I asked.

Here are the terms.

I particularly draw your attention to clause 5, and if you are shipping an antique, as I am, clause 9.

To my mind, clause 5 and the requirement that 'the recipient must inspect shipments upon both collection and delivery' makes this a chocolate teapot. How would one inspect something a hundred miles away?

So I shan't be bothering with this in future. It's a swizz.

V8

Certainly sounds like it's not fit for (your) purpose
I have used shippers with similar clauses - most notably when our stuff was shipped when I emigrated (but also for fragile work stuff)... the point being though that I was also making the journey but via a different route.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Shiply and the Shipment Protection Plan

Postby Mike4 » April 4th, 2024, 10:22 am

I've used Shiply twice now and got the feeling that it's the wild west, despite Shiply's efforts to give the impression you're dealing with a slick and well organised operation. Yes the introduction service is slick and well organised but once you've chosen and shacked up with a transport company I got the feeling there is not much you can do if they lose or run off with your goods or simply never bother to collect them. Other than get a refund of the transport fee and post a negative review.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”