Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Hugging the toilet

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Hugging the toilet

Postby vrdiver » January 17th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Today, I have mostly been on my knees in front of the toilet, arms wrapped around it and calling on god, any god, to help me.

We had the en-suite renovated quite recently, maybe 20 years ago. Last week a pipe seal failed, with the result that each flush managed to add a little water to the floor. A very good plumber came round and fixed it, but had to break into a tiled "box" where the seal was hidden. As the tiles are rather distinct, I said I would search out some replacement ones and fix the damage myself, rather than take him up on the offer of refitting mismatched tiles.

Sure enough, a rummage in the garage eventually turned up a box of matching tiles. Mrs VRD still thinks I should throw stuff out, but I digress. Rebuilding the plywood box on which to secure the tiles, I discovered that the original fitters have made it multi-level, either side of the toilet, and obviously put it in place before the toilet itself.

In my youth, a day spent in such a position would have garnered bragging rights, if not for the day, then at least for the night before.
Not any more.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Hugging the toilet

Postby Dod101 » January 17th, 2018, 7:15 pm

vrdiver wrote:We had the en-suite renovated quite recently, maybe 20 years ago.

You have a timescale similar to the Chinese

Dod

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » January 19th, 2018, 10:25 am

Just a thought, but why not make the ply in pieces that can be removed, tile the pieces, drill them and then screw them into place, ready for the next time?

Slarti

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 19th, 2018, 11:02 am

Slarti wrote:Just a thought, but why not make the ply in pieces that can be removed, tile the pieces, drill them and then screw them into place, ready for the next time?

Slarti

NEXT TIME!!!!! ?

You have to be kidding me!

But yes, that's how they've been refitted - although the removal instructions (for the next victim) are inside the box, along with a set of spare tiles :twisted:

Return to “Bitter Lemons”