Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

How to reduce stress levels in the current environment

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

How to reduce stress levels in the current environment

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » January 26th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: How to reduce stress levels in the current environment

Postby Gengulphus » January 26th, 2021, 10:18 pm

Quite possibly, but is it the viewer's stress levels or the panda's that it's scientifically proven to reduce? ;-)

Gengulphus

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » January 26th, 2021, 10:33 pm

Didn't his mummy ever tell him to eat with his mouth closed?!

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » January 26th, 2021, 10:56 pm

Gengulphus wrote:

Quite possibly, but is it the viewer's stress levels or the panda's that it's scientifically proven to reduce? ;-)

Gengulphus

I have no idea. I'm fairly sure Pandas can't talk. But I know you will prove me wrong :roll:

Take care

AiY

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » January 26th, 2021, 11:28 pm

Gengulphus wrote:

Gengulphus

LOL

The panda is perhaps a 'fun' example, but what does appear to be scientifically proven in that listening to natural sounds of any type can reduce stress.

Researchers say they’ve pinpointed a scientific explanation for why sounds from nature have such a restorative effect on our psyche: According to a new study, they physically alter the connections in our brains, reducing our body’s natural fight-or-flight instinct.

....new research, published in the journal Scientific Reports, is the first to use brain scans, heart-rate monitors, and behavioral experiments to suggest a physiological cause for these effects.
https://www.health.com/condition/stress ... e-relaxing

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » January 27th, 2021, 5:24 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
Gengulphus wrote:

I have no idea. I'm fairly sure Pandas can't talk. But I know you will prove me wrong :roll:

That presents me with a bit of a dilemma, because like you, I'm fairly sure pandas can't talk. So:

* if I prove you wrong, I'm fairly sure everything you've said is correct and so I haven't proved you wrong.

* if I don't prove you wrong, you're wrong about me proving you wrong, and so I have proved you wrong.

A 'heads you win, tails I lose' scenario! Unless of course pandas can talk... ;-)

Gengulphus

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » January 27th, 2021, 11:19 am

Gengulphus wrote:
AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
Gengulphus wrote:Quite possibly, but is it the viewer's stress levels or the panda's that it's scientifically proven to reduce? ;-)

That presents me with a bit of a dilemma, because like you, I'm fairly sure pandas can't talk. So:

* if I prove you wrong, I'm fairly sure everything you've said is correct and so I haven't proved you wrong.

* if I don't prove you wrong, you're wrong about me proving you wrong, and so I have proved you wrong.

A 'heads you win, tails I lose' scenario! Unless of course pandas can talk... ;-)

Gengulphus

I am so glad I wasn't holding a cup of tea as I read that. I think I have managed to ascertain I am wrong. I know my place :lol:

Amusing response nonetheless

AiY

Return to “Curiosity Corner”