Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The Fraud of the Council Tax Court!

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

The Fraud of the Council Tax Court!

Postby NomoneyNohoney » February 5th, 2024, 10:51 am

So here we are opening up this backwater board to a New Year. Happy belated New Year everybody!

The following video fascinated me. It seems to claim that Coventry Council - at least - is masquerading as a legit court to secure Council Tax payments.
The video speaks for itself... by about 40 mins you've had the heart of the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZfuEMJSkY

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Re: The Fraud of the Council Tax Court!

Postby RockRabbit » February 5th, 2024, 12:33 pm

NomoneyNohoney wrote:So here we are opening up this backwater board to a New Year. Happy belated New Year everybody!

The following video fascinated me. It seems to claim that Coventry Council - at least - is masquerading as a legit court to secure Council Tax payments.
The video speaks for itself... by about 40 mins you've had the heart of the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZfuEMJSkY

To me, the heart of the matter is that a load of grifters want to sponge off the rest of us by not paying their council tax and utility bills while also also asking for donations to their paypal accounts.

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Postby NomoneyNohoney » February 5th, 2024, 1:11 pm

Reading something else there was a YouTube video about Council Tax from the BlackBeltBarrister. He seemed to say that Council Tax dealings have been separated from the usual courts' flow, as otherwise the sheer volume would clog up the system.

My opinion is that the separation is not a problem, but that if the "trial" and "punishment" are all handled by council employees or hired guns, then they are deliberately obfuscating their own legitimacy and bias, which I see as misrepresentation. Having sham 'trials' in Court buildings without specifying they are not 100% as legitimate as they seem, is inexcusable. From the comments in the video, the court officers seem to turn a blind eye to this situation.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 5th, 2024, 1:16 pm

NomoneyNohoney wrote:Reading something else there was a YouTube video about Council Tax from the BlackBeltBarrister. He seemed to say that Council Tax dealings have been separated from the usual courts' flow, as otherwise the sheer volume would clog up the system.

My opinion is that the separation is not a problem, but that if the "trial" and "punishment" are all handled by council employees or hired guns, then they are deliberately obfuscating their own legitimacy and bias, which I see as misrepresentation. Having sham 'trials' in Court buildings without specifying they are not 100% as legitimate as they seem, is inexcusable. From the comments in the video, the court officers seem to turn a blind eye to this situation.

Isn't it a bit like trying to fight a parking or traffic ticket? Your judge/court is the very entity that issued the ticket and receives the revenue. The outcome might be very different and more favourable if you could have a proper trial by a jury of your peers.

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Postby Charlottesquare » February 6th, 2024, 9:21 am

Lootman wrote:
NomoneyNohoney wrote:Reading something else there was a YouTube video about Council Tax from the BlackBeltBarrister. He seemed to say that Council Tax dealings have been separated from the usual courts' flow, as otherwise the sheer volume would clog up the system.

Isn't it a bit like trying to fight a parking or traffic ticket? Your judge/court is the very entity that issued the ticket and receives the revenue. The outcome might be very different and more favourable if you could have a proper trial by a jury of your peers.

No problem as long as you pay all costs if you lose. (£30 parking ticket plus £20,000 court costs)

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » February 6th, 2024, 10:31 am

Lootman wrote:[
Isn't it a bit like trying to fight a parking or traffic ticket? Your judge/court is the very entity that issued the ticket and receives the revenue..

Yes and no, many traffic ticket appeals are handled by an external system to the Local Authorites issueing section, at least outside London they are. Appeals have quite a high success level (over 50%) and then there is the Tribunal process.

Paul

Return to “Curiosity Corner”