Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Introducing mySelf and Testing Post

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure
Lindaawilsoon

Introducing mySelf and Testing Post

Postby Lindaawilsoon » May 2nd, 2018, 7:50 am

Hi everyOne,

My name as u know "Linda Wilson" from a very beautiful town of California, I am married and have 2 child...
Love to watch movies and have different devices such as Firestick, Kodi, Popcorn Time etc...

Regards,
Linda

madhatter
Lemon Slice

Re: Introducing mySelf and Testing Post

Postby madhatter » May 6th, 2018, 12:13 am

As you will have spotted, this board is not snowed under with posts.

And some of the posts that do appear are more than a little cryptic (such as the Mornington Crescent thread, I still don’t have a clue what that is about).

Even so, I was a little surprised at seeing your post just now still without a response after being made several days ago. Perhaps it is because we are suddenly having a run of very fine weather, after weeks of cold, wet and windy (here in the south east) so people including me have been outside doing things.

Spring was definitely quite late in these parts. I was busy putting down grass seed up to last week, and armed with a new camera and walking boots, have been walking round local woods looking out for (but mostly failing miserably in photographing) early butterflies and birds before all the trees are in leaf and they become hard to see.

Saw my first swallow of the season yesterday and Comma and Brimstone butterflies today, and. Spotted woodpecker though it was only making single taps and flew off before I could zoom in. They do that, I find.

I have heard of Firesticks, BTW.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 6th, 2018, 12:40 am

madhatter wrote:... And some of the posts that do appear are more than a little cryptic (such as the Mornington Crescent thread, I still don’t have a clue what that is about). ...

Me neither but isn't that the point of LoOTP?

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » May 6th, 2018, 1:25 am

Pffft .. The rules of MC are very clear, more so than those regarding irredeemable preference shares

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » May 22nd, 2018, 8:59 am

Lindaawilsoon wrote:Hi everyOne,

My name as u know "Linda Wilson" from a very beautiful town of California, I am married and have 2 child...
Love to watch movies and have different devices such as Firestick, Kodi, Popcorn Time etc...

Regards,
Linda

Hi Linda. I have thanked you for your post. I have tried clicking your smiley face :D but it seems that this only produces smiley faces on my reply. :D :D :D

I also love to watch movies. I have a dvd player and a very expensive subscription to a broadband based, extremely limited number of movies (some of which I have to pay additional money to watch). I don't get rid of it, because it also allows me to watch F1 and BBC's Blue Planet in HD. The kids all watch netflix on their idonthelpwiththehouseworks.

I make my own popcorn, using our Le Creuset, although I've not made any in ages.

Welcome to LooT P.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » May 25th, 2018, 8:48 pm

There is a well-known English saying:

We hold these truths to be self-evident:
Irony, rain and Mornington Crescent

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 26th, 2018, 5:27 pm

Hi Linda!

Welcome to 'The Lemon Fool' (TLF). You may already know this... This site was set up after the UK version of 'The Motley Fool' (TMF) financial website stopped hosting it's Discussion Boards. Most people on here probably came over from UK TMF.

Are you familiar with the US 'The Motley Fool' site (which still maintains discussion boards)?

MrCPFG
Lemon Pip

Postby MrCPFG » July 24th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Hi Linda,

I'm the one who knows nothing about anything useful, leastways anything financial, but I did once visit Carnoustie, host of the British Open last week.

I've always wanted an Aga, but the wife thinks it's an extravagance. So do I, so we tend to cook on a pretend one.

Paella is always one of my favourite things to cook.

MrCPFG

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”