Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Scams

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure
XFool
The full Lemon

Scams

Postby XFool » November 29th, 2022, 12:01 am

How does this work? I don't mean "How does this work?" because, obviously, it doesn't. I mean how does this sort of scam work, how do they get away with it?

https://easydiypowerplan.com/index_tsl_cb/

This Crazy 45 Year-Old Geography Teacher in Memphis, Tennessee Believed He Could Change the Energy World... And Somehow He Did It.

Easy DIY Power Plan Will Change Our World Forever

"As you probably already know, in nature, there is the multiplication principle that translates into inducing a small amount of energy in a system and multiplying it with the spinning principle."

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: Scams

Postby scotia » December 13th, 2022, 4:03 pm

XFool wrote:How does this work? I don't mean "How does this work?" because, obviously, it doesn't. I mean how does this sort of scam work, how do they get away with it?

I remember as a child going to watch what is now called a mock auction which was doing a one night stand in our village hall. I went with my elder sister (a teenager), but we were warned by our parents (who didn't attend) not to get involved. Since we didn't have any money with us, we felt reasonably safe. We didn't stay to the end, but it was obvious that the "auctioneers" quickly worked out who the weaker brethern were. These mock auctions became such a problem, that a parliamentary bill was passed in 1961, in an attempt to ban them.
From Wki-
Opponents of the Bill argued that it would be impossible to secure convictions, since victims are reluctant to come forward and highlight their gullibility

And I think this may be why scammers of many varieties frequently "get away with it"

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”