Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Definition

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Definition

Postby panamagold » December 18th, 2016, 10:10 pm

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Re: Definition

Postby DiamondEcho » April 16th, 2017, 10:58 am

I expect most readers know what catastrophe means but, not being funny, shouldn't this sub-board have some kind of theme or stated purpose?
As FWIW, personally I haven't the foggiest.

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » April 17th, 2017, 12:37 am

DiamondEcho wrote:I expect most readers know what catastrophe means but, not being funny, shouldn't this sub-board have some kind of theme or stated purpose?

I assumed it was to allow swynn to have somewhere to talk to himself, as the only other topic now contains 25 posts all by swinn. :?

Adrian

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 17th, 2017, 1:45 am

AJC5001 wrote:
DiamondEcho wrote:I expect most readers know what catastrophe means but, not being funny, shouldn't this sub-board have some kind of theme or stated purpose?

I assumed it was to allow swynn to have somewhere to talk to himself, as the only other topic now contains 25 posts all by swinn. :?

Adrian

He was directed away from the Banking Sector board and decided to post here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2480

If anyone is interested, the initial "Koncept" of the original KingMcKong's Katastrophe Korner is explained here:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/the-koncept-of ... 24058.aspx

There were a couple of requests, over at the Biscuit Bar, for this board to be (re)created in the early days of LMF. Those that requested it don't appear to have made it here.

Perhaps they've had no investing Katastrophes since then or don't know it was Kreated.

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Postby panamagold » April 17th, 2017, 6:32 pm

DiamondEcho wrote:I expect most readers know what catastrophe means...............

All I was doing was claiming 1st past the post (geddit) on a new board, on a new site. See also Pedants' Place. ;)

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Postby DiamondEcho » April 17th, 2017, 7:53 pm

Ok thx, from the TMF opening post:
----
Greetings, fellow Fools.
The idea of this Board is very simple, and it is as follows -
1. As Billy Joel wrote in his song 'Don't forget your second wind' - "we learn more from our mistakes than we ever learnt at school". Whatever our personal style of investing, you can be sure we have all made mistakes. Often the big changes in our behaviour (stuff like getting out of debt, organising personal wealth management, planning our savings and investments, etc) come from the shock of making a big mistake.
2. I don't think there is anywhere else on the Fool where an analysis of mistakes is collected. I hope this can act as a resource to New Fools, and a place where experienced Fools can post about topical issues where they have either made a mistake, or where they feel there is a possibility of making a mistake.
3. The idea is that all comers - TA enthusiasts, FA gurus and all in-between will share with us all some of the lessons they have learned from wrong and potentially avoidable errors in investing.
As Thomas Gray had it (it must be quotation day, or something) - "where ignorance is bliss 'tis Folly to be wise".
None of us want to land up being "wise" do we?! - so let's be Foolish and learn from each others' mistakes!
Looking forward to learning about some epic blunders, especially from those who have now become very successful.

----------------

Perhaps that might give visitors here an idea of the theme....

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 28th, 2017, 11:29 am

As Billy Joel wrote in his song 'Don't forget your second wind' - "we learn more from our mistakes than we ever learnt at school".

Okay here's one from me, when 'investing' in wine or spirits, never mix the grape with the grain. :lol:

Return to “Catastrophe Corner”