Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

It goes from bad to worse.

Corvid

It goes from bad to worse.

Postby Corvid » January 31st, 2021, 5:13 pm

It's maybe a millenial thing but it would be bad enough to be scammed out of £17K through a not very complex scam.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55804205

But to then have your photo and story on the BBC when you are an ACCOUNTANT will not be inspiring the confidence of your clients or your employer.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: It goes from bad to worse.

Postby stevensfo » February 11th, 2021, 1:09 pm

Corvid wrote:It's maybe a millenial thing but it would be bad enough to be scammed out of £17K through a not very complex scam.

But to then have your photo and story on the BBC when you are an ACCOUNTANT will not be inspiring the confidence of your clients or your employer.

Jonathan said the alleged fraudster, Gurvin Singh, a man from Plymouth, claimed he got rich quick through foreign exchange trading. Mr Singh then offered users who follow him on Instagram the chance to follow his get-rich-quick trades.

This is the thing that always makes me despair, laugh or cry. If you discovered a foolproof way of trading shares, currencies or whatever, to make a small fortune, why on earth would you tell other people or start writing books? I reckon that most of us would keep our mouths shut and use our time to help ourselves, our family and favourite charities.

Steve

dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: It goes from bad to worse.

Postby dealtn » February 11th, 2021, 1:31 pm

stevensfo wrote:
Corvid wrote:It's maybe a millenial thing but it would be bad enough to be scammed out of £17K through a not very complex scam.

Jonathan said the alleged fraudster, Gurvin Singh, a man from Plymouth, claimed he got rich quick through foreign exchange trading. Mr Singh then offered users who follow him on Instagram the chance to follow his get-rich-quick trades.

This is the thing that always makes me despair, laugh or cry. If you discovered a foolproof way of trading shares, currencies or whatever, to make a small fortune, why on earth would you tell other people or start writing books? I reckon that most of us would keep our mouths shut and use our time to help ourselves, our family and favourite charities.

Steve

Because there is a quicker way to make a small fortune. Why people follow them is perhaps more of a mystery.

Return to “Catastrophe Corner”