Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Musk farming

The Big Picture Place
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Musk farming

Postby odysseus2000 » April 6th, 2018, 11:16 am

Kind of interesting video about Elon's brothers farming project.

The idea is that one produces food crops in a "shipping container", controlling light, nutrient, water etc. Each container can produce around the equivalent of 2 acres of open farm land:

https://youtu.be/rQ7qOSgRMOc

There are many other examples of this kind of culture, a uk scheme uses disused tube tunnels to produce salad crops for London & various other examples around the world.

With The Musk name there is the potential that this could take off.

However, what nutrients are used, what mediums , maybe just water, are needed & how they are prepared is not clear to me. The biggest pain of under plastic growing, for example, is the endless battle to keep fungal growth under control. Most strawberries raised under plastic have received very many anti fungal treatments. Still kind of interesting as something to consider as potential future investment opportunities.

Regards,

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Musk farming

Postby redsturgeon » April 6th, 2018, 1:04 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Kind of interesting video about Elon's brothers farming project.

The idea is that one produces food crops in a "shipping container", controlling light, nutrient, water etc. Each container can produce around the equivalent of 2 acres of open farm land:

https://youtu.be/rQ7qOSgRMOc

There are many other examples of this kind of culture, a uk scheme uses disused tube tunnels to produce salad crops for London & various other examples around the world.

With The Musk name there is the potential that this could take off.

However, what nutrients are used, what mediums , maybe just water, are needed & how they are prepared is not clear to me. The biggest pain of under plastic growing, for example, is the endless battle to keep fungal growth under control. Most strawberries raised under plastic have received very many anti fungal treatments. Still kind of interesting as something to consider as potential future investment opportunities.

Regards,

I like the idea of aquaponics which combine plant and fish growth, the plants using the fish waste products as nutrients.

https://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/aquaponics

John

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Musk farming

Postby dspp » April 6th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Looking at the title I thought this was all about a cunning plan to produce more little Musks :)

regards, dspp

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”