Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

10 years of the Bull

The Big Picture Place
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

10 years of the Bull

Postby odysseus2000 » March 10th, 2019, 9:34 pm

This is an interesting tweet on the 10 th anniversary of the bull with the Spx staring its run from 666 to the current 2750-ish:

https://twitter.com/JonErlichman/status ... 9482801154

The over 6000% increase in Netflix is testament to how a secular trend can make investors serious dosh, even the 10th in the table (Msft) up only about 1/10th the level of Netflix is a good result compared to the Spx up over 300%.

It has been a fabulous Bull market, one of the best ever and has shown that anyone who figures out methodologies to time the market, by waiting and buying near the bottom can achieve potentially life changing amounts of money in a relatively short period of years: Circa ~ 1/6 of the potential investment time frame from age 20 to age 80. $ cost averaging has also worked well if one compares the Spx to other forms of investment over this period such as bonds.

It will be interesting to see how things go from here. I know enough to be sure any prediction I might make would be right only by luck so I won't make any predictions.

Regards,

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”