Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Musk endeavours

The Big Picture Place
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Musk endeavours

Postby ReformedCharacter » September 10th, 2019, 10:42 am

tjh290633 wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:Imho the Ap is not far away from being able to navigate UK roads, but to be useable it will also need to learn how to deal with roundabouts and junctions, the former unknown in the US and the latter very different.

If you want to try it out, try sending two autonomously driven cars along our lane, one from each end, and see how they sort themselves out when they meet in the middle. They may well each have a queue of traffic behind them, to complicate matters, and there are always a line of parked cars in the narrowest section.

Manually driven cars are able to negotiate the lane with little problem, until an oversized truck (>6'6" wide) attempts it. They often have to reverse out and that can take some time.

I wouldn't fancy having a driverless taxi to take me home.

TJH

Yes, quite. I also have a similar lane out of the village where I live and have often wondered how an autonomous vehicle would cope. Having watched some of the Youtube videos of autopilot in action it seems to me to be a long way from replacing a human driver. It's easy to believe that autonomy is nearly there because it gets much right but getting it all right or even acceptably right is a considerably harder task. Going back to the negotiating the lane problem, I do not see how it can be solved without communication between vehicles, the equivalent of a human driver pulling over and waving to another to come past. So I do not believe cars will become autonomous in the sense of acting only individually, perhaps co-operatively autonomous would be a more likely outcome.

RC

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » September 10th, 2019, 11:06 am

tjh290633 wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:Imho the Ap is not far away from being able to navigate UK roads, but to be useable it will also need to learn how to deal with roundabouts and junctions, the former unknown in the US and the latter very different.

If you want to try it out, try sending two autonomously driven cars along our lane, one from each end, and see how they sort themselves out when they meet in the middle. They may well each have a queue of traffic behind them, to complicate matters, and there are always a line of parked cars in the narrowest section.

Manually driven cars are able to negotiate the lane with little problem, until an oversized truck (>6'6" wide) attempts it. They often have to reverse out and that can take some time.

TJH

It would be interesting to see if an Autopilot equipped car could do it one way, say making the test early morning, or late at night with the chance of other cars is low. All the Ap videos I have seen have been in towns and similar areas where speeds of 30 mph and higher are needed. It would be interesting to see if the Ap can work at the much lower speeds one would have in a lane. If that can be done one could worry about how to deal with two cars one in each direction. As far as I know Ap isn't able to handle that, but I may be wrong as the summon mode has to deal with other cars and some of the videos on this are impressive.

The lane by me is also single track and the sat navs often have a route on that was closed decades ago. One night an 18 wheeler from Gdansk in Poland tried and had to reverse out, which he did without trouble. A few weeks back another big wagon got wrong roaded and the driver reversed out by driving into my hedge and pulling out some hawthorn trees that were about 10 ft tall. The driver never stopped, I only found out when I came out and discovered the lane partly blocked by the pulled out trees that looked like teeth knocked out of a mouth. There was some plastic that was knocked off the wagon but no other ID. I was not happy and dread to think if there had been a child or mother with pram, toddlers, dogs etc in the lane. Human drivers are not always that good.

Regards,

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » September 10th, 2019, 3:27 pm

The Guardian on model 3 sales:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -in-august

Regards,

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » September 10th, 2019, 3:57 pm

tjh290633 wrote:If you want to try it out, try sending two autonomously driven cars along our lane, one from each end, and see how they sort themselves out when they meet in the middle. They may well each have a queue of traffic behind them, to complicate matters, and there are always a line of parked cars in the narrowest section.

The irony here is that whilst human drivers are restricted to visual communication, or transmitting in morse on the horn AD cars can easily be given the ability to communicate many to many, and be made aware of the topography of overgrown country lanes from which they have never previously negotiated their exit. Much like lane merging this could be an area where a sensible implementation of AD shows up exactly how inefficient human drivers are...

Back to Frankfurt for the EV's:

VW has unveiled a new version of its all-electric e-up! city car at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show, with a claimed range of 162 miles

...The revised Volkswagen e-up! will go on sale in January 2020, with prices starting from around £23,000 (before the Government’s £3,500 plug-in car grant has been applied). First deliveries are expected to arrive during spring.

- https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswage ... -frankfurt

While the highlight at VW’s stand of the Frankfurt Motor Show is the new ID.3, the German car maker also brought the updated version of the e-Up, the battery-electric variant of its popular city car.

The new e-Up may not look that different, but the upgrades are more than enough to grasp your attention. That’s because VW ditched the old, 18.7 kWh battery pack in favor of a larger 32.3 kWh one, making the tiny electric car capable of travelling up to 161 miles (260 km) on a full charge per the WLTP cycle.

...Usually, this sort of upgrade comes with a price premium, but Wolfsburg actually reduced the price of its smallest EV, which now starts from €21,975 in Germany, before subsidies, making it €1,595 cheaper than its predecessor.

- https://www.carscoops.com/2019/09/vws-u ... edecessor/

New Skoda Citigo-e iV arrives at Frankfurt
Skoda's first electric car gets a 164-mile range and promises to be one of the best-value EVs on the market

...Order books for the Citigo-e will open in the autumn, with first deliveries expected early next year. We're told to expect a price of around £15,000, with the step between SE and SE L versions similar to that of the petrol-powered Citigo at around £550.

- https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... urt?page=1

The Skoda Citigo e iV - the Czech brand's first-ever production electric car - has made its public debut at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show. Production is due to begin this Autumn, before going on sale in Britain early in 2020.

Prices have not been announced, but Skoda has hinted that the Citigo e iV will go on sale for "under €20,000" in Europe and before government incentives, so we anticipate a price around the £18,000 mark in the UK.

- https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/cit ... mile-range

Mercedes EQS: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... -luxury-ev

VW have even swirlier camo for the Crozz based ID4 SUV: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... uv-display

...and BMW on hydrogen

BMW has confirmed plans to begin offering a hydrogen fuel cell version of the X5 with the unveiling of a new concept car at the Frankfurt motor show.

Called the i Hydrogen Next, BMW says it will go into small-scale production in 2022 using technology being developed in a joint venture with Toyota.

This zero-emissions SUV is planned as a precursor to a range of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles that BMW already has under development and plans to begin offering in 2025 at the earliest.

- https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... cell-range

Howard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howard » September 11th, 2019, 9:40 am

Thatcham coming up with some sensible suggestions about driverless cars.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business- ... riving-car

It suggests that autonomous cars should pull over and park safely if drivers become unresponsive.

regards

Howard

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » September 11th, 2019, 9:43 am

Howard wrote:Thatcham coming up with some sensible suggestions about driverless cars.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business- ... riving-car

It suggests that autonomous cars should pull over and park safely if drivers become unresponsive.

regards

Howard

What about when the car becomes unresponsive?

TJH

onthemove
Lemon Slice

Postby onthemove » September 11th, 2019, 11:26 am

tjh290633 wrote:

TJH

Like others have mentioned, autonomous cars could have a 5g network to resolve these kinds of situations, although personally, I think any autonomous car will need to be able to resolve these situations of their own accord without any recourse to inter-vehicle communication - which I don't see any reason they couldn't.

Autonomous cars will have full 360 degree vision, so driving backwards shouldn't be any kind of technical hurdle.

There are plenty of algorithms in software engineering related to deadlock resolution, etc, so it's not like there aren't plenty of ideas... networks and concurrent systems have been grappling with (the software equivalent of) single track roads for decades now - so it's just a matter of choosing and implementing the algorithm people think is the most appropriate or acceptable (that's not necessarily the most efficient - people don't always instinctively like the theoretically most ideal solution, and may be happier with a suboptimal algorithm for sorting out meeting in the middle of single track lanes)

I think the biggest challenge for autonomous cars will be the ambiguity that often arises between whether a car is parked or dropping someone off, or whether it is stationary because it is queuing.

At all times the autonomous car should at least be 'safe' and won't attempt anything that causes it to collide, but in some of these ambiguous situations there is a high likelihood of the car ending up dithering because its got itself into a situation that it misinterpreted and ended up in the wrong lane or wrong position, or ended up waiting and waiting and waiting behind a car that was actually parked, rather than overtaking it.

The other situation I think they may struggle with is the same issue for human drivers - many junctions only indicate which lane is for which direction using road markings, in lane, and only at the last minute... on a clear road with clear visibility of the lanes, that's fine... but in heavy traffic with the car in front obscuring the lane in front, it's very easy to end up in the wrong lane as you approach a junction.

I guess an autonomous car should be better at continuously monitoring the lane even as a sliding window... unlike a person, the car doesn't need to keep looking up, so it could I guess generate a continuous picture of the road / lane and fully extract any markings from it...

… though often in heavy traffing, you'll already be in the wrong lane / queue before you see the marking telling you that you should be in the adjacent lane, which is now packed with cars queuing.

I think an autonomous car might find it difficult to 'push' into such a busy lane.

These aren't necessarily dangerous problems - in all cases the car's basic safety programming should ensure it doesn't physically try to drive into something else, and should also prevent it shooting out into the path of another moving vehicle... but that's part of the problem... that level of caution will make it difficult to be 'assertive' to get itself out of a situation that it misinterpreted, so may end up stranded for some time if the surrounding vehicles are being driven by, well, let's just say 'certain types'.

I agree with Odysseus2000 regarding road differences.

It's not that the differences in the UK are insurmountable - they're certainly not insurmountable. It's just that the UK is a small island globally with it's own quirky rules (like driving on the left), and an unwillingness to converge with others / determination to keep its own separate rules, so as to protect its 'sovereignty'...

.. that's going to mean developing cars for the UK will always be at least one step behind autonomous cars developed for other markets, assuming manufacturers think the extra investment is justified at all... though I think in most cases, once developed for other markets, the development costs for the UK market will be smaller than completely starting from scratch so the effort will be made... it will just be one or more steps behind, and have an additional cost... developing for the UK quirks won't come for free.

So we'll be paying a premium for autonomous cars in the UK as a result of our determination to be different and set our own rules, our insistence that we develop our own non-standard road signs different from our neighbours, etc

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » September 11th, 2019, 12:17 pm

onthemove wrote:Like others have mentioned, autonomous cars could have a 5g network to resolve these kinds of situations, although personally, I think any autonomous car will need to be able to resolve these situations of their own accord without any recourse to inter-vehicle communication - which I don't see any reason they couldn't.

Autonomous cars will have full 360 degree vision, so driving backwards shouldn't be any kind of technical hurdle.

There are plenty of algorithms in software engineering related to deadlock resolution, etc, so it's not like there aren't plenty of ideas... networks and concurrent systems have been grappling with (the software equivalent of) single track roads for decades now - so it's just a matter of choosing and implementing the algorithm people think is the most appropriate or acceptable (that's not necessarily the most efficient - people don't always instinctively like the theoretically most ideal solution, and may be happier with a suboptimal algorithm for sorting out meeting in the middle of single track lanes)

I agree with your comments but I lack your confidence in the resolution of common road problems without inter-vehicle communication. Using the example of the lane problem... My local lane is single track in parts, it has two legs at roughly 90 degrees and is 'blind' in that radar or lidar would be unable to see the approach of another vehicle on the other leg. To complicate matters there are also junctions on each leg and the end of one leg is a T-junction with traffic passing at perhaps 40mph. and there aren't just two vehicles because there are more arriving because it is 'rush hour'. One leg has limited capacity because it terminates in a T-junction... Gridlock! For which the solution is mutual co-operation which requires communication. And that is one of the easier problems.

As to deadlock resolution, which I admit I do not know much about (quick look on Wikipedia) does it not generally require an operating system which can unlock the deadlock, the operating system being a proxy for inter-vehicle communication in this case?

RC

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » September 11th, 2019, 12:36 pm

onthemove wrote:Like others have mentioned, autonomous cars could have a 5g network to resolve these kinds of situations, although personally, I think any autonomous car will need to be able to resolve these situations of their own accord without any recourse to inter-vehicle communication - which I don't see any reason they couldn't.

Cars should be able to do the driving and navigating bits without communication, but being aware that there are 16 people queued behind the car coming the other way would be quite useful. Another time this might be quite useful would be 'hey Mr. Tesla, I'm about to change lane because there's a stationary fire truck in this one, try not to pile in the back of it'. Driving is a game of imperfect information, making things which you know known to others and being able to see what they see should make life smoother. 'Oh he wasn't being a ****, some idiot has parked in the passing spot behind him...'.

onthemove
Lemon Slice

Postby onthemove » September 11th, 2019, 12:57 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:I agree with your comments but I lack your confidence in the resolution of common road problems without inter-vehicle communication. Using the example of the lane problem... My local lane is single track in parts, it has two legs at roughly 90 degrees and is 'blind' in that radar or lidar would be unable to see the approach of another vehicle on the other leg. To complicate matters there are also junctions on each leg and the end of one leg is a T-junction with traffic passing at perhaps 40mph. and there aren't just two vehicles because there are more arriving because it is 'rush hour'. One leg has limited capacity because it terminates in a T-junction... Gridlock! For which the solution is mutual co-operation which requires communication. And that is one of the easier problems.

As to deadlock resolution, which I admit I do not know much about (quick look on Wikipedia) does it not generally require an operating system which can unlock the deadlock, the operating system being a proxy for inter-vehicle communication in this case?

RC

Even with inter-vehicle communication, the same resolution issue arises. Specifically, which vehicle is the master? If a group of vehicles come into proximity such that they can communicate, you still have the problem of establishing a single coordinator from them. And there are plenty of ad-hoc network protocols that have been designed to deal with just such situations (nodes being added to a network without any being explicitly designated the master prior to being connected)

And the algorithms associated with that are not too dissimilar to how you'd resolve the traffic dead lock in the first place.

There are lots of different algorithms with different features, quirks, etc, but without some form of designated master from the off, all of them require some degree of participants willing to relent and relinquish to (an)other participant(s).

OK, I'd agree that's better to do in computer memory than by shuffling cars around on a road, but doing it in computer memory will only work if all participants are involved in the electronic negotiation.

Unfortunately, unless you completely ban all human drivers and mandate that all vehicles must use the same network communication, you're going to have participants in the traffic dead lock that will not be participants in the electronic dead lock resolution negotiation.

The key thing in dead lock resolution is that one (or more) or the participants has to relinquish. Whether through being told by an agreed arbitrator, or by 'algorithm'.

A noddy way of dead lock resolution without an arbitrator in computers is for each participant to voluntarily and unilaterally relinquish their 'lock', then wait a random time before attempting to regain the lock.

In traffic terms, the equivalent of relinquishing a 'lock' would be reversing along the road on which the dead lock has occurred, back to a point where the oncoming traffic would be able to pass. And then wait there for a random time.

Without an arbitrator, it's possible that an oncoming vehicle might do the same - reverse up to a point where two way traffic is possible, then wait before retrying to drive along the road.

With random waits either side, eventually one vehicle will make it through while the other one is waiting, thereby (eventually) resolving the dead lock allowing the other to pass.

In reality, a better algorithm is the moment that one vehicle sees the other relinquishing (reversing), it then takes the opportunity to move forwards.

Just like humans do when they meet each other on a single track road. As soon as one relinquishes and starts reversing, the other car doesn't normally then do the same! Usually on seeing an oncoming car start reversing, you'd gratefully make use of it and move forwards.

And it just needs to be the rule that if you encounter a car on a single track road reversing towards you, then you also need to reverse - whether human driven or autonomous.

In practise this is just the same as what people do... only a real ****head would see that the car in front of them is reversing on such a road, and act a complete ****k and stand their ground preventing them from reversing further. Most reasonable people would realise they are reversing for a reason, and do the same!

So the rules are not really any different from how humans deal with single track roads already.... the occasional idiots excepted who will both determinedly stand their ground, refuse to reverse, ensuring no-one gets anywhere.

This fairly simply algorithm is compatible with (largely is) how humans already drive on single track roads, easily understandable by humans, and doesn't require an inter-vehicle communication that all participants must be involved in. And it is based on quite simple rules that an autonomous vehicle would be easily able to implement as well.

So perfectly reasonable in a mix of human and autonomous vehicles without intervehicle communication.

onthemove
Lemon Slice

Postby onthemove » September 11th, 2019, 1:07 pm

BobbyD wrote:Cars should be able to do the driving and navigating bits without communication, but being aware that there are 16 people queued behind the car coming the other way would be quite useful. Another time this might be quite useful would be 'hey Mr. Tesla, I'm about to change lane because there's a stationary fire truck in this one, try not to pile in the back of it'.

Absolutely - if the information is there, then yes, use it.

But, I think we agree, no autonomous car should be allowed on the roads if it is unable to fully and properly function should such extra information (not independently gleaned from its own sensors) become unavailable for any reason.

Networks go down, the car in front might be human driven without such a network, or a car with such a network might develop a fault, etc.

Or worse case, if the network comes under a DoS attack, then the driver / occupant / control system should have the option to completely shut off external connections and still have the car continue to drive autonomously relying entirely on its own independent sensing.

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » September 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm

onthemove wrote:
BobbyD wrote:Cars should be able to do the driving and navigating bits without communication, but being aware that there are 16 people queued behind the car coming the other way would be quite useful. Another time this might be quite useful would be 'hey Mr. Tesla, I'm about to change lane because there's a stationary fire truck in this one, try not to pile in the back of it'.

But, I think we agree, no autonomous car should be allowed on the roads if it is unable to fully and properly function should such extra information (not independently gleaned from its own sensors) become unavailable for any reason.

I'm not sure we disagree...

That information raises the bar of what passes for properly function. There should be a base competency below which no system should be allowed on the road and that competency is inherently personal. At the very least in any situation a car should be capable of safely removing itself from the road, and safely covering itself, other vehicles and pedestrians. However through the application of simple standards the experience of using this technology can be massively improved, and even made safer to a degree not possible when each car has only one perspective to inform its decisions. At that point the wilfully dumb system which refuses to engage cooperatively, but passes the personal properly function test, might be deemed a disruptor, and therefor not to properly function on a wider scale. The driver who causes opprobrium without actually breaking any laws probably isn't too hard to imagine in human form.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » September 11th, 2019, 2:08 pm

BobbyD wrote:
onthemove wrote:

I'm not sure we disagree...

That information raises the bar of what passes for properly function. There should be a base competency below which no system should be allowed on the road and that competency is inherently personal. At the very least in any situation a car should be capable of safely removing itself from the road, and safely covering itself, other vehicles and pedestrians. However through the application of simple standards the experience of using this technology can be massively improved, and even made safer to a degree not possible when each car has only one perspective to inform its decisions. At that point the wilfully dumb system which refuses to engage cooperatively, but passes the personal properly function test, might be deemed a disruptor, and therefor not to properly function on a wider scale. The driver who causes opprobrium without actually breaking any laws probably isn't too hard to imagine in human form.

When these standards are finally agreed & harmonised, I can well imagine that a lot of humans will fail them. This will create an interesting set of tensions. Will we call them sub-humans ?

regards, dspp

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » September 11th, 2019, 2:47 pm

dspp wrote:
When these standards are finally agreed & harmonised, I can well imagine that a lot of humans will fail them. This will create an interesting set of tensions. Will we call them sub-humans ?

regards, dspp

I think it is likely that human driven vehicles will be severely restricted in the future for the greater good of the 'autonomous' traffic system because they won't mix optimally or safely. Perhaps roads will be hired at a price for those who enjoy driving 'classic' cars on special occasions. I look forward to it personally because I find the often aggressive and incompetent actions of human driven vehicles unpleasant and sometimes hazardous but I'm unlikely to live long enough to see it.

RC

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » September 11th, 2019, 4:11 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
dspp wrote:

regards, dspp

I think it is likely that human driven vehicles will be severely restricted in the future for the greater good of the 'autonomous' traffic system because they won't mix optimally or safely. Perhaps roads will be hired at a price for those who enjoy driving 'classic' cars on special occasions. I look forward to it personally because I find the often aggressive and incompetent actions of human driven vehicles unpleasant and sometimes hazardous but I'm unlikely to live long enough to see it.

RC

It looks more likely to me that autonomous vehicles will be restricted to certain roads, from which normal vehicles will be excluded. The evidence so far is that they are dangerous missiles, which can go rogue at the slightest disruption, like a bird dropping on a sensor.

TJH

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » September 11th, 2019, 7:36 pm

tjh290633 wrote:It looks more likely to me that autonomous vehicles will be restricted to certain roads, from which normal vehicles will be excluded. The evidence so far is that they are dangerous missiles, which can go rogue at the slightest disruption, like a bird dropping on a sensor.

TJH

In the near term perhaps, but then autonomous vehicles will become the 'normal' vehicles and non-autonomous vehicles will be regarded as we regard the horse drawn carriage today, as relics of the past. I quite agree about today's attempts at autonomous vehicles though, definitely not fit for purpose yet and probably for some time to come.

There are considerable potential savings of energy (and pollution) with a smarter transport system and that is likely to be a major force for change IMO.

RC

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » September 11th, 2019, 9:44 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
tjh290633 wrote:It looks more likely to me that autonomous vehicles will be restricted to certain roads, from which normal vehicles will be excluded. The evidence so far is that they are dangerous missiles, which can go rogue at the slightest disruption, like a bird dropping on a sensor.

TJH

In the near term perhaps, but then autonomous vehicles will become the 'normal' vehicles and non-autonomous vehicles will be regarded as we regard the horse drawn carriage today, as relics of the past. I quite agree about today's attempts at autonomous vehicles though, definitely not fit for purpose yet and probably for some time to come.

There are considerable potential savings of energy (and pollution) with a smarter transport system and that is likely to be a major force for change IMO.

RC

Anyone who recalls the long trek to computers becoming world chess champions, remembers the great efforts put in by IBM and others and how the human world champions managed to beat them for many years and many experts said it would be a very long time, maybe never before computers would be world champions.

Now most smart phones running chess software are powerful enough to beat all human challengers. The same happened with Go, but from the first victory to computers being so much better than humans that humans no longer play computers at Go took months.

One can argue because of the dynamics of road travel and the plethora of unlikely events that can occur, that computers will never be as good as humans and it is true that the early efforts and to date humans are still more flexible and more competent to asses dangers, but I am not convinced that that superiority will last much longer.

When you consider that a 14 year old is often physically capable, but not legally allowed, to drive there is not much experience needed to gain a driving licence and that all happens within the limits of human vision, reaction times and other aspects of the human emotional condition. Computers have much better vision, reaction times many orders of magnitude faster and do not have emotional inputs to deal with.

It seems to me unlikely that computers will not be able to drive cars in next few years at better levels than average human driving.

I may be wrong and I welcome input that gives reasons as to why computers will not be able to drive cars better than humans.

Regards,

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » September 11th, 2019, 10:28 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:

TJH

RC

I would caution against judging current autonomous tech fby looking at Tesla's precocious cruise control.

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » September 11th, 2019, 10:34 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
When you consider that a 14 year old is often physically capable, but not legally allowed, to drive there is not much experience needed to gain a driving licence and that all happens within the limits of human vision, reaction times and other aspects of the human emotional condition. Computers have much better vision, reaction times many orders of magnitude faster and do not have emotional inputs to deal with.

It seems to me unlikely that computers will not be able to drive cars in next few years at better levels than average human driving.

Ody, you would do well to learn more about the brain before testing to compare it to silicon and AI. It's all already been covered in this thread.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » September 12th, 2019, 7:28 am

VW has unveiled a new version of its all-electric e-up! city car at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show, with a claimed range of 162 miles

...The revised Volkswagen e-up! will go on sale in January 2020, with prices starting from around £23,000 (before the Government’s £3,500 plug-in car grant has been applied). First deliveries are expected to arrive during spring.

How will they pronounce this in Yorkshire?

Return to “Macro and Global Topics”