Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Leaving UK to avoid a Corbyn government!?

Financial discussion for any financial queries for Expats
JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Re: Leaving UK to avoid a Corbyn government!?

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » June 1st, 2019, 5:54 pm

I was in Penang about three months ago and had a good time. Can confirm busy, hot, sweaty and fun. It is a fascinating place, modern but with a colonial era centre, a little gritty in places (is there any part of Malaysia that isnt?): quite historic by Far East standards. Highlight of the trip for me was an hour spent roaming the superficially quite nondescript Protestant Cemetery: Some great heroes of the East India Company and Royal Navy ended their days in Georgetown, and it was fun for this history buff to ponder their extraordinary adventures and inevitable death at the hands of either the natives in a blaze of glory or malaria. The mozzies were doing their best to dish out the same fate to me that day, but thats all part of the fun!

The food was memorably fabulous, but then again, great "makan" is a feature of Malaysian life just about everywhere I have travelled!

The local economy appeared to be roaring: tech firms seem to be clustered around there with quite a few manufacturing concerns around Butterworth.

Return to “International & Expat Investors”