Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to servodude,tjh290633,csearle,jfgw,bionichamster, for Donating to support the site

SentimentRules Investing

Any other investment discussions eg. peer to peer lending
SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235600

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Some think it's not worth it because they think 'trader' and 'time in markets' . Extra work etc

Not true. Probably spend less time in markets than most investors at screen

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Imperial Brands (IMB)

#235613

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Bad rise. A fair bit of bailing out occurred in today's 1.72%.

Not trying to advise anyone but I strongly reiterate, it's a no buy below close above 2040 for me.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2402
Joined: March 7th, 2018, 8:14 pm
Has thanked: 1163 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235634

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 10th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Deliberately replying to this IMB post here:

SentimentRules wrote:Bad rise. A fair bit of bailing out occurred in today's 1.72%.

Not trying to advise anyone but I strongly reiterate, it's a no buy below close above 2040 for me.


So apart from the glide down between 8.47 and 10.32

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 9GBGBXSET1

which bits in the above day chart don't you like? I can see a fair few little red sticks amongst the green, but surely that's just general noise, high frequency traders etc.?

Matt

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235641

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 5:55 pm

Not judging it on candlesticks today. The volumes from the last three days (if taken on just numbers) should have forced price to close above 2023 by now. That alone suggests that a lot of the volume seen is quietly selling off in the current range. Also if you take the average ohlc price, change has occurred within this day.. that wasn't there as a full negative in the three day range. Also as mentioned prior, if it's going to get dumped, it's in this range. Targets met and all that.

But most funds can't just dump the whole lot in one transaction. They have to do it in lots so to speak, and not tip the market off that tbey are offloading. Also, they want to offload at highest possible price. Hence a bad rise given the above.

However would I short it yet? No. I'd need to see more for a short. So cant call that today.

But whilst below 2040, deem it too dangerous to buy. Because below 2040 is the typical offload range for such. Above 2040 means they are holding a lot of it . Just took a few quid profit to derisk buy price. About the only time you can buy high.

Fundamental:

A positive release today about div?....

In a downtrending stock that just had a 10% bounce?

News creates buyers for stock offload?... Dangerous eh?

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235643

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Moderator Message:
Moved from the IMB board on Company News because this is not company news; but rather a post about an investment strategy. Please, in future, only post about actual, newly unveiled, company news in the Company News topics (BTW share price alterations are not really news). Thanks - Chris
When would i short it immediately?

A gap up morning open above 2040.... that's the last bull orders triggered. It's going down...

Only a safe hold above 2040 if meanders there and closes above it.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235656

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 6:30 pm

And for the sake of completion : The Instant short scenario.. ..

If that gap up open above 2040 is coming, it will be in the morning. Thursday 11th July. Gap above or gap up and stab.

Otherwise, standard monitoring 're the above prices given.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235665

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 6:46 pm

SentimentRules wrote:
Moderator Message:
Moved from the IMB board on Company News because this is not company news; but rather a post about an investment strategy. Please, in future, only post about actual, newly unveiled, company news in the Company News topics (BTW share price alterations are not really news). Thanks - Chris
When would i short it immediately?

A gap up morning open above 2040.... that's the last bull orders triggered. It's going down...

Only a safe hold above 2040 if meanders there and closes above it.
.

Ok. So this board, mention the dividend news released. And then the IMB strategy plan based on that news, go to technical analysis and discuss it there?

Think I get what you mean. No worries.

"(BTW share price alterations are not really news )"

Are you sure Chris? It could be news of pending news imminent lol. (Just kidding )

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2402
Joined: March 7th, 2018, 8:14 pm
Has thanked: 1163 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235667

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 10th, 2019, 7:03 pm

SentimentRules wrote:
SentimentRules wrote:
Moderator Message:
Moved from the IMB board on Company News because this is not company news; but rather a post about an investment strategy. Please, in future, only post about actual, newly unveiled, company news in the Company News topics (BTW share price alterations are not really news). Thanks - Chris
When would i short it immediately?

A gap up morning open above 2040.... that's the last bull orders triggered. It's going down...

Only a safe hold above 2040 if meanders there and closes above it.
.

Ok. So this board, mention the dividend news released. And then the IMB strategy plan based on that news, go to technical analysis and discuss it there?

Think I get what you mean. No worries.

If you peruse the main page of the Company Share News board, you can see that it's a got a thread per share entrant. And it's intended just for pretty tight discussions on news on the respective firm and it's shares. I guess if the discussion meanders the idea is to move the discussion to a new thread created in the relevant board, e.g. in "other investing", "company analysis", "technical analysis" etc.

Don't worry it took me a while to get the hang - and I still mess up from time to time!!

Matt

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235670

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Starting to grasp it now. Is a lot better than the usual mish mash in most forums. I'm going to go away on my jollies for 2/4 weeks. I will read it all thoroughly though while away, to save admin having to reorganize it and me confusing the threads.

Got any holdings at the moment? Hope they have a decent few weeks in the interim. Will catch up with you when back.

Il create A thread in tech analysis now. Because even one of my messages probably crosses into three different areas really . So this will tidy it up a bit as suggested by another

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2402
Joined: March 7th, 2018, 8:14 pm
Has thanked: 1163 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235681

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 10th, 2019, 7:54 pm

SentimentRules wrote:Starting to grasp it now. Is a lot better than the usual mish mash in most forums. I'm going to go away on my jollies for 2/4 weeks. I will read it all thoroughly though while away, to save admin having to reorganize it and me confusing the threads.

Sure, I joined ADVFN a while back, but that site looks very disorganised and messy. This place is much neater :D

Got any holdings at the moment? Hope they have a decent few weeks in the interim. Will catch up with you when back.

I'm LTBH, so the answer is yes!

I last posted my holdings here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=15400

this one was earlier, posted by my wife,
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12069

feel free to comment

Il create A thread in tech analysis now. Because even one of my messages probably crosses into three different areas really . So this will tidy it up a bit as suggested by another

You should maybe ask on the The Biscuit Bar the right way to embed images in LF posts. You could upload charts and stuff, and really illustrate well, e.g. on the Technical Analysis board some of your ideas.

Matt

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235687

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 8:26 pm

No worries. Il double image in one upload. Tech to the left and fundamentals to the right. Fundamentals i dont mean ratios and known dates etc. Everyone has that for a company. Will be a different take on fundamental drivers. . It will aid understanding my warped take on what's happening lol. Will have a look at your portfolio now . Will stick a post on it in that other thread .
Moderator Message:
No. Please post it here, to save us the trouble of moving it here ourselves. And please clarify your intentions: you asked to be removed from the site (which is ongoing), yet this implies that you want to stay...? --MDW1954

dspp
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3918
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 10:53 am
Has thanked: 3035 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235758

Postby dspp » July 11th, 2019, 7:48 am

SentimentRules wrote:Starting to grasp it now. Is a lot better than the usual mish mash in most forums. I'm going to go away on my jollies for 2/4 weeks. I will read it all thoroughly though while away, to save admin having to reorganize it and me confusing the threads.


SR,

Some of your posts are an interesting insight into how others can validly see things, and as it happens I agree with a few things you say. Other posts of yours look to me like a bad stream of consciousness thought scribbled by a teenager. I am prepared to make the effort to separate out the two categories in my mind for a while, so as to form a view as to whether you are worth reading longer term. It is possible that I could come to the conclusion that you are worth reading occasionally, even if I think your approach to investment/trading is a disaster waiting to happen. I expect quite a few think the same of me by-the-way.

However you are basically dropping these posts all over the boards like seagull shite. Frankly that is impolite behaviour that will not be tolerated here. The reason that this is a decent working/investing environment for us all is that we seek to respect the rules about what to post where, and to respect others as we do so. If you do not quickly change your behaviour in this respect then the Mods will reach for the big stick. All the Mods here are volunteers - and MDW and I are two of them - and we do not have the time or inclination to clear up after you, and we should not be expected to do so.

So for now could you please desist from randomly hijacking people's threads and taking them off in psychedilc directions. Instead, unless you have something clearly on-topic to say in those other threads, please say whatever it is here on this thread, and this thread alone. At least that way we can contain the consequences for long enough for you to settle in.

Is that a fair request ?

regards, dspp

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235787

Postby SentimentRules » July 11th, 2019, 9:41 am

SentimentRules wrote:No worries. Il double image in one upload. Tech to the left and fundamentals to the right. Fundamentals i dont mean ratios and known dates etc. Everyone has that for a company. Will be a different take on fundamental drivers. . It will aid understanding my warped take on what's happening lol. Will have a look at your portfolio now . Will stick a post on it in that other thread .
Moderator Message:
No. Please post it here, to save us the trouble of moving it here ourselves. And please clarify your intentions: you asked to be removed from the site (which is ongoing), yet this implies that you want to stay...? --MDW1954


Yes admin remove from site please . Now its not ongoing. Thank you.

Dapp

when you think somebody's 20+ year ways, are still a disaster waiting to happen, why on earth would you bother trying to separate the two categories and see if still worth reading?

It's a very fair request. Not sure why you just didn't remove me on my initial request in the first place. Days ago.

Best of luck.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1105
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:53 am
Has thanked: 1019 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235833

Postby jackdaww » July 11th, 2019, 11:02 am

no idea what this has been all about !

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Highest yielding shares underperformed FTSE 100 over five years

#235887

Postby SentimentRules » July 11th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Here is best way. Especially if not full time in markets.

Ever read the arguments for income because it offsets capital loss? But in most cases its the high yield causing the capital loss anyway. In many stocks, The primary driver.

What I plan to do is this:

Wait the next recession. By then all SPs are low and yields as low as going to be each stock.

Then select the ones you think will have yield potential once again. If your Wrong? Capital won't punish you at this price stage.

This is when to form a HYP

I kmow many who do this. Successfully. But now after a decade bull and markets looking pretty dicey? They are folding out those portfolios gradually. For nearly two years.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Highest yielding shares underperformed FTSE 100 over five years

#235888

Postby SentimentRules » July 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm

To be more general, wait a general indices 25-40% drop. Start building

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Highest yielding shares underperformed FTSE 100 over five years

#235890

Postby SentimentRules » July 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm

For now add silver etf or something to portfolio. And dump those once you start building for new bull/income market again

Either way... capital value this way. You'll make money regardless. And maybe even get another ten year income hold with zero capital pressures.

Maybe even double income via total returns.

Either that or wait the next property crash and buy one or two homes in established areas.

If you thought 2008 was bad with subprime overrated dirt wraps, wait until the new debt packages kick in. Personal debt - car loans etc. All in same type of subprime and synthetic holds lol. Global debt over double 2008.. Don't let it wipe out your gains. And heyho massive buy value after.

Most money is made by investors by only dealing in recessions.

simoan
Lemon Slice
Posts: 535
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 9:37 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: SentimentRules Investing

#235893

Postby simoan » July 11th, 2019, 1:34 pm

jackdaww wrote:no idea what this has been all about !

I blame care in the community...

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Highest yielding shares underperformed FTSE 100 over five years

#235894

Postby SentimentRules » July 11th, 2019, 1:40 pm

I invested heavily last recession. Only time i invest. Thereafter i just trade until the next one. Because to me, the day after recession is over, full value gone.

BTO bespoke tranche opportunity

The new bank term for subprime dirt. They cant help themselves. Tax payer covers the risk haha
Last edited by SentimentRules on July 11th, 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice
Posts: 308
Joined: July 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Micro Focus International (MCRO)

#235913

Postby SentimentRules » July 11th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Follow up:

Ok so a bit of a price bounce in that area. But im not seeing the volumes to support it. So for now will maintain a bearish stance on it. Even if goes a bit higher; not seeing the reason to buy from today low

Just my take on it anyway but I think given lack of identifiable support 1725/1712 So far, following days sees 1622

If i see anything pre 1622 il post it here.


Return to “Other Investing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest