Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Beijing Development Corp

Any other investment discussions eg. peer to peer lending
Beasties

Beijing Development Corp

Postby Beasties » April 1st, 2021, 10:38 am

Hi, I'm not a regular poster on here so wasn't sure where to post this. This seems the most appropriate section of the forum but maybe a bit quiet, maybe admin could reposition it please? I'm posting this today so that it might show up on a google search to warn others.

Shortly after the turn of the century the Beijing Development Corp was heavily pushed by the boiler room scum along with various other names. I foolishly "invested" a small sum in this company at the time along with Global Food Technologies, and fairly quickly realised I probably had seen the last of said money. Over the years I've had various boiler rooms continuing to phone me regarding both companies and others, needless to say the block button on my phone gets a bit of use. I haven't heard from these for several years now so was surprised when a chap from Raden Capital Ventures wanted to talk to me about BDC. Apparently an offer was being made for the company and they wanted to know if I still had the share certificate. Ordinarily I'd have hung up but I was in a playful mood that day so said yeah send me details by e-mail. Sure enough the e-mail landed and guess what? I had to send them a redemption fee to get the certificate altered and then I was in line for 100 times my original investment, wowsers.

Needless to say I replied. Gave him both barrels but also said I hadn't blocked his number in case he wanted to discuss it further. No phone call since sadly.

Anyway, just wanted to post so google would show something as Raden Capital Ventures doesn't bring any warnings up. Thanks for your time.

MrMUK

Re: Beijing Development Corp

Postby MrMUK » June 3rd, 2021, 8:51 pm

Thanks for posting this. My father, who had bought shares many years ago, was recently contacted out of the blue by Raden Capital Ventures. Same story as yours, really, just pay this up front and you'll receive this huge sum for your shares. Very persistent calling from a number in Tokyo, said that the company was registered with the FCA there (as far as I can see on the register they aren't). The paper work they sent looked incredibly professional, though, lots of official looking stamps. Someone has clearly spent some time and effort in creating the very convincing documentation. Also gave my dad the contact details of some random person in London with whom they had recently done business, and could vouch for them, which is what sent me on to the internet to find out about the company, as I can't believe a genuine company would do that.

They are ringing back tomorrow to try and get my father to sign off on the deal and hand over a hefty sum of money to get the restricted shares made unrestricted (if that means anything to anyone). I am rather looking forward to that call now that I've seen your post! No-one in the family knows much about shares, and my dad was basically conned into buying them years ago. Just enough of their story is plausible to keep us wondering whether or not to trust them, so reading your post solidified a few concerns we had, so thanks once again.

Return to “Other Investing”