Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

P2P lending queues?

Any other investment discussions eg. peer to peer lending
DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

P2P lending queues?

Postby DrFfybes » September 25th, 2021, 4:09 pm

In recent times, the time taken for Zopa to (re)lend my money has gotten longer and longer.

It is now standing at about 2 months, and obviously having unlent money for that length of time has a large impact on returns. Are other P2P lenders having the same problems?

Zopa say it is because they are restricting their lending, and have stopped new money coming in, and yet I see them loudly touting their fixed rate bonds.

These bonds are somewhat lower than the expected P2P returns, and ZOPA have to do something with the money people invest in these bonds, presumably by passing it on to their borrowers.

DAK if this is the case, and the queue and thus lower returns for loyal investors is down to them maximising their profits and putting Bond money to the front of the queue, or does it join the back of the queue with everyone else?

Paul

Karellan
2 Lemon pips

Re: P2P lending queues?

Postby Karellan » October 8th, 2021, 7:15 am

I agree , Z is pretty slow now to re-invest. True of others as well and you have to pull money out of their market.

Return to “Other Investing”